Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

not-heavy foundation for RED and PROBLEM SKIN

I have the tarte clay foundation, and it is super full coverage, and very matte, so it looks cakey and by the middle of the day it looks really gross. I use primer and have a skin care routine (I even exfoilate) adn I let my primer sit for 10 min before I apply foundation...I want something that covers my redness and acne without looking cakey, and I want it to last all day. Should I just wear concealer? I'm so confused lol 

I would recommend you try a CC cream like It Cosmetics or...

I would recommend you try a CC cream like It Cosmetics or Supergoop CC Cream. Also for redness you MUST try Ren Evercalm Comfort Mask. It's a miracle in a bottle for combatting redness due to acne/inflamation. Also green based color correctors may help you, ELF has very affordable color correcting powder. (Another acne tip I have is to use exfoliating facial pads- FAB (first aid beauty) has some that work great at preventing breakouts and use rose hip oil to heal acne. The Ordinary brand now has rose hip oil at an affordable price!)

RE: not-heavy foundation for RED and PROBLEM SKIN

I completely understand you. I've been loving the redness solution makeup by clinique but they don't have it at sephora anymore which sucks but you can find it in places that sell the brand. They have the cleansers and creams in Sephora and they are pretty good. And I know this might sound controversial in the beauty world but if you do have severe redness skip any primer and just make sure you set the foundation (that's what helped me)

Depends on what you are looking to spend. I use the same foundation and love it. If you’re looking for full coverage foundation try Jouer’s new foundation or YSL All Hours, or Laura Mercier.

Hey @jeskayjam, although this is not a foundation the Dr. Jart+ CicapairTiger Grass Color Corrector is great for correcting redness. It has a BB cream-like consistency so you may not need to apply a foundation over it.

Re: RE: not-heavy foundation for RED and PROBLEM SKIN

Really? Is it green or something? thanks 😉

@jeskayjam The color corrector does have a greenish tint, but it turns beige on skin. I bought the Dr. Jart Tiger Grass holiday set during the Rouge sale and have been very impressed with that entire line. 

I was just coming here to recommend the same Dr. Jart color corrector as @juliehnguyen! I use the color corrector where needed, and then top with Nars Tinted Moisturizer or Hourglass foundation stick depending on how much coverage I feel like having that day.

Re: not-heavy foundation for RED and PROBLEM SKIN

Hey @jeskayjam I'm curious as to what type of skin you have? Combo to dry? Oily? Also what primer are you using now? Certain primers only play well with certain foundations, like if your foundation is oil or water based. I also have quite a bit of redness in my skin and have found some foundations I really love. Once I know your answers I can give you a few suggestions. 🙂

I have combo skin - extremely oily around nose and the rest of my face normal or dry depending on the day. I always make sure that my moisterizer, primer, and foundation are either oil or water based together. I use smashbox primer and cetaphil moisterizer.

My fave is the Diorskin Forever Foundation. Covers up my redness, doens't settle into pores, doesn't feel heavy and lasts ALL DAY. It's a little expensive but worth it IMO. I would recommend trying a sample out and seeing what you think. I use the Smashbox Primerizer and love it. It plays very well with the Diorskin Forever foundation. Another foundation I really love is the Fenty one. This one can be a little more heavy, make sure your face is hydrated and primed before using it. But even with my combo-dry skin this one really works for me. And lasts forever too! Hope this helps 🙂

thanks 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing