Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

dry skin

Hi, I really need help finding a foundation that gently covers my hormonal acne and rosacea. However, I have eczema and am on retinol for my acne, so I often have dry patches and scaly texture despite thorough hydration, sunscreen and exfoliation. I need a foundation that looks smooth and hydrates me, without emphasizing any of my patches. I’ve tried countless and they all look heavy and textured, aside from Laura Mercier Oil free Tinted Moisturizer (which is great but not very long wearing or high coverage) and the Makeup Forever ultra HD (which just got discontinued 😭😭😭). Please give me recommendations if you also have problem skin!! 

Re: dry skin

If you liked the MUFE HD foundation (used to be my go to as well) I would recommend trying the Pat McGrath Skin Fetish (my current favorite) Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere or if you prefer a more matte look Dior Forever Matte which is full coverage. That being said have you tried applying a skin tint or lightweight foundation then using a full coverage concealer for what you want to cover? 
I also struggle with dry skin and know what a challenge it can be to find a foundation that doesn’t make skin look dry or cakey. I’ve discovered using foundation just to even things out then using concealer on the areas where more coverage is needed makes a huge difference. You can build it up instead of foundation in specific areas without putting to much product on your face. 
There are lots of great full coverage concealers out that will more than meet your needs and expectations without leaving a mask like look. Hope this helps! 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing