Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

clinique foundation

What does everyone think about the CLINIQUE beyond perfection foundation and concealer??? For dry skin?? For acne prone skin??

Anonymous Insider

RE: clinique foundation

I wouldn’t recommend it for acne prone dry skin. /: just cause I notice on multiple people it seems to either build up or crack easy. Looks and feels heavy in my opinion. But maybe if you exfoliated really well and prepped the skin with good skincare maybe ! Try stick foundations or cream maybe. Super full coverage but lays nicely on dry skin.

Re: clinique foundation

Hi there, beyond perfecting foundation and concealer is a demi-matte foundation with buildable coverage. It designed for all skin types, even acne prone skin, as with all other Clinique foundations, it is tested to see if it causes or contributes to breakouts. I like to say "one dip does the trick" when it comes to this foundation because it offers custom coverage and if not applied correctly for some it may feel like its too heavy or too full, so its important to start with less and build up to your preference. The applicator inside the bottle takes the guess work out of knowing how much to apply by measuring out one layer for the whole face, which will provide a medium coverage. If you have areas that need a little extra coverage or you just like more of a full coverage look you can absolutely dip again over and over until you are satisfied. Whats great about this makeup is that no matter how much you apply will never actually feel like you have a full face of makeup on and it should never dry and look caked on. If you do experience a flaky or caked on look then you most likely need to prep a little more before hand. Hope this helps. 

It does feel heavier than some foundations. I think it is...

It does feel heavier than some foundations. I think it is good for dry skin as it never causes flakiness for me. And I bought it because Clinique products don't cause me to break out so I think it's good for acne. It has great coverage if you're having a break out or it spreads easily if I use just a little. It can settle into pores so it looks better with a primer near my nose. Shade range isn't great.

I personally found it to be incredibly heavy and mask-lik...

My skin is dry and acne prone. I personally found it to be incredibly heavy and mask-like. its one of those foundations that settles into pores and lines and really exaggerates texture while looking super cakey...it emphasized every little bump on my face. If I ever use it again, it will be used only as concealer!

RE: clinique foundation

I haven’t tried it out personally but I have heard great things
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing