Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

What primer, foundation, concealer and setting powder should I get????

I have some scarring and uneven tone to my skin that is fairly recent (started 2 years ago) and finally have my skin clear but I feel like it looks horrible compared to my once flawless complexion ๐Ÿ˜ญ donโ€™t mind the dark circles Iโ€™m a new mom and losing lots of sleep. Oh and I have very pink skin now

Re: What primer, foundation, concealer and setting powder should I get????

Congrats on the baby!

What skin type do you have โ€“ oily, dry, combination? Knowing that will help in suggesting products.

My favorite full coverage foundation is Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet. It gives great coverage that will help even the look of your skin but doesn't look cakey. The "velvet" in the name is a good descriptor of the texture. The color range isn't amazing, but if you can find it in your skin tone, it's a treasure.

https://www.sephora.com/product/P177117

For setting powder, Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Setting Powder is a cult favorite. Depending on how dry your skin is, you may want to just fluff it over the foundation. But, you're more oily, it can be baked on to help the foundation last longer.

https://www.sephora.com/product/translucent-loose-setting-powder-P109908?skuId=870618&icid2=products...

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: What primer, foundation, concealer and setting powder should I get????

For some reason it wonโ€™t let me read your whole reply after you tell me the foundation that doesnโ€™t look cakey

Re: RE: Re: What primer, foundation, concealer and setting powder should I get????

Oh, that's odd. How frustrating. This is what I wrote,

"For setting powder, Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Setting Powder is a cult favorite. Depending on how dry your skin is, you may want to just fluff it over the foundation. But, you're more oily, it can be baked on to help the foundation last longer."

For combination skin, you may find you have to use two different types of primers on different areas of your face. Before I went on acne medication, I had oily/combination skin and that is what I had to do. I lightly patted Becca's Ever-Matte Poreless Primer Perfector on the oily parts of my face and then used Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer everywhere else. Now that my skin is dry, I still use the Smashbox primer. It just seems to be versatile and plays well with all my moisturizers and foundation.

Best of luck in your search!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: What primer, foundation, concealer and setting powder should I get????

I have combination skin!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
testing