Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

What is the best light coverage (but buildable) foundation?

Looking for a light coverage, natural finish foundation that is easily buildable. I have clear skin for the most part, but have lots of redness. I grabbed a sample of the MUFE Water Blend Face & Body foundation. I'm looking for something a bit more buildable than that one though with less of a sheer finish.

Re: What is the best light coverage (but buildable) foundation?

@melissavd I haven’t tried the MUFE Water Blend, but I love their Ultra HD Perfecting Skin Tint for light coverage, as well as the Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation for low-medium to medium coverage. I have rosacea on my cheeks, and I find that the Skin Tint reduces the look of it without completely covering it (I normally wear this at work), whereas the Invisible Cover will cover it completely without being full-coverage. If you want to branch out from MUFE, I’ve also had success with NARS Sheer Glow. It’s light coverage, and has a more natural finish than its name suggests. 

The only foundation that I 100% reccomend to people is the No 7 Lift and Luminate foundation! It's extremely natural, buildable, and longwearing. With a light application I'd say I get more of a low/medium coverage, but I have built it up to pretty full coverage! I'm pretty fair and I use the shade Cool Ivory. It's still about a shade too dark, but it's still wearable. You can find it at Target and it's pretty decently priced!
Anonymous Insider

RE: What is the best light coverage (but buildable) foundation?

I have a lot of redness as well. I'd recommend Makeup Forever HD Foundation. It's not exactly light coverage, but it is medium and buildable. It has a natural finish and feels light on your face. You can barely tell that you're wearing foundation!

Hi @melissavd  I love the DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation.

It goes on light but I can build it up in the areas I have redness and it wears really well throughout the day.

@melissavd I recommend trying the LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20.I have found this is light-weight but is buildable. I have found it gives me a radiant finish and keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day.

Best,
Rebecca

I highly recommend MILK Blur Liquid Matte foundation. This definitely needs to be set as it is not a *true* matte finish, but it is super blendable and buildable. It feels and looks great on the skin.

Hi @melissavd,

I recommend giving the BENEFIT COSMETICS’Hello Flawless!’ Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation a try! It provides a light to buildable coverage and has a natural finish 🙂  I really like that it's hydrating and has SPF!

https://www.sephora.com/product/hello-flawless-oxygen-wow-liquid-foundation-P305701

Always,

Danee

Try a sample of Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 8.75

I've really liked this one 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
testing