Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

What is Your Holy Grail Foundation and Primer combo?

Share your personal moisturizer (if you use any), foundation and primer combination that works for you!

I am extremely curious as to the different things I can try, and if we can help out other people as well! It's is no difficult finding products that works for you, considering we are all different. Why not make the process easier for someone else with the same issues? 

I'll go first!:

My skin type is dry

I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + as my moisturizer, then I use the Nars primer. Finally, I apply my It! Cosmetics CC Cream Foundation SPF 50. 

Re: What is Your Holy Grail Foundation and Primer combo?

Another dry skinner checking in.  I have a few primers, but I often skip the primer step completely.  If you've moisturized well, I don't see the point to priming, unless you need oil control, which I don't.

My current moisturizer is Josie Maran Protect and Perfect, which I have a love/hate relationship with.  It does a great job of actually keeping my face moisturized throughout the day, but it's a rather unflattering/unnatural color on my skin, and it's hard to blend out evenly, so I do typically need to wear some other complexion product on top of it.

I then apply Urban Decay Naked foundation on top.  It's incredibly lightweight, easy to blend, and makes my skin look terrific.  Though because of how lightweight it is, I may be laying off it as the weather gets colder in favor of something thicker.

@AnalyssaBOooh! I've been wondering about what the IT cosmetics foundation would be like - I love that brand! My skin is also dry and I don't have too many things like breakouts or redness or anything like that so for foundation I prefer something that looks very natural and where you can't tell I'm wearing foundation but that still provides coverage while unifying the skin tone.  I need HEAVY coverage under my eyes because i have THE WORST dark circles so I try to compensate by keeping natural foundation.  My holy grail foundation hasn't changed in years (Guerlain, Lingerie de Peau) but otherwise I mix it up right now though i am LOVING:

* Cream: FRESH Rose Deep Hydration Cream (keeps up the hydration all day and is beautiful to apply - also not TOO pricey - $50 - and I really like how comfortable and long lasting the effects are).

* Primer: Either YSL Touche Eclat or Guerlain Meteorites Primer

* Foundation: Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (I've just never been able to find anything that I love as much).  As an added bonus it has some sunscreen (20 SPF) but unlike some formulations with sunscreen i have no problems using it around my eyes.  It never flakes or causes dry skin in goes on like a dream, is super comfortable and it looks fabulous.

RE: What is Your Holy Grail Foundation and Primer combo?

First aid beauty coconut smoothie primer and too faced born this way! Very hydrating

Re: RE: What is Your Holy Grail Foundation and Primer combo?

Yes!  I have both the FAB Coconut Smoothie Primer and the YSL Touche Eclat Primer, and I like FAB one better.  It just feels so soothing on dry skin!

My skin is dry, and my fave combo is the YSL Touche Eclat Blur primer with Estee Lauder Double Wear. 🙂 I've usually got on a moisturizer and Tarte's Tarteguard underneath it as well.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing