Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Under-eye darkness help!!

Hi friends! I need some help with my under eyes. To get this out of the way, I eat well, average around 8 hours of sleep, and stay very hydrated. I’m also huge on korean skincare so I follow the 10 step regiment pretty strictly, and my skin is in great condition, undereyes aside. That said, I have lost hope on curing my circles and am looking for help finding a great concealer (although if there are any holy grail under-eye pigmentation products, I won't say no to a recommendation)

So far I’ve tried:

- UD Naked Skin Weightless CC

- TF Born This Way Naturally Radiant

- Tarte Shape Tape

- Nars Soft Matte Complete

- Lancôme Ultra Wear Camouflage (with and without a color corrector from the same line)

- and now I’m using TF Born This Way Scultping Concealer

*also wanted to note, I have seen tons of rave reviews for The Ordinary’s Caffeine solution, I tried that for a few months and saw absolutely NO results in coloration.

The problem I have with every concealer I’ve tried is COMPLETE coverage - Ialways end up able to see my circles under my makeup. Sometimes I try to build and it ends up looking cakey AND you can still see the circles 😂 I’m 22, I’m way too young to look like I’m this tired without makeup.

PLS SEND HELP!! 

With concealerWith concealer

Without makeupWithout makeup

RE: Under-eye darkness help!!

I just want to start by saying your skin looks really good, and I don’t think your circles are that noticeable! I am very concealer picky, favor natural but good coverage, and have 2-3 favs. My usual go-to is the Estée Lauder double wear stay in place flawless wear concealer. I also am just starting to use the new hourglass vanish concealer and I think it is really good! I usually buy a bit pinker and a tad lighter than my skin tone to cover circles (the pink cancels out any blue pigment). If you want something less expensive the catrice liquid camouflage is pretty good in a very reasonable price range. I hope you find one that works really well for you!

Re: Under-eye darkness help!!

Hi @bmcampbell,

I know you posted a photo of yourself without concealer, but I was just staring at your really long lashes, so I didn't even notice any dark circles. lol Your lashes are amazing and a great mascara will deflect attention (I'm jealous!).

However, if you're looking for a good concealer, I recommend the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine. The NARS Soft Matte has a matte finish, so I don't recommend it for under the eyes, only for spots or discoloration. <333

@bmcampbell  I swear by Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream and I also adore Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlight

I also suggest for concealer RMS BEAUTY - Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation

it’s a thick formula maybe you will have luck with this one. I love it I use it on my no make up make up looks. 

RE: Under-eye darkness help!!

I have had the same struggle for years as well, and I’m 36. Mine are hereditary and this has been my recent search as well. I used Laura Mercier secret concealer for years but it stopped doing the trick. Recently I’ve tried several things and what has been working better than anything has been Tarte’s ShapeTape but I had to find the right color/undertone, which took some trial and error. If I go too light or get the wrong undertone it makes them look worse, gray, or enhances them, so I try to find a concealer that matches my skin color best, not lighter. I also use Ole Henriksen’s Banana Bright Eye Cream and that seems to help better than others but doesn’t cure them obviously. I feel your pain and I’m following to see if we can discover any solutions.

I've also tried just about every concealer and under eye product on the market.   What ended up making the biggest difference was using the BECCA under eye brightening corrector before concealing. I use that with the Too Faced Born This Way Sculpting concealer you are using now (set lightly with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in either Diffused light or Ethereal Light)  or Shape Tape (which I find more drying but slightly better coverage- I actually add a drop of oil under my eyes before applying to counter this, and set with a setting spray on a beauty blender instead of powder).    

@bmcampbell I swear by Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlightoover time it’s taken my dark circles and made them disappear. I have a baby who gets up every hour and never sleeps through the night and I put it on before my foundation and usually never use concealer. When I do need concealer I really like tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer 34H Medium Honeyi find it has really good coverage. I also like MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer Pink Porcelain 1bbut I rarely need it any more. There are also lots of other under eye brightening creams have you tried any?

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • With concealer
  • Without makeup
testing