Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Trouble With Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer?

So I’m relatively new to pot concealers, I heard incredible things about this one, but I’m struggling with it a lot. 

I have some post inflammatory hyperpigmentation(dark spots from acne) and texture that I’ve been trying to cover up, and the occasional pimple or two. For reference I have normal to oily skin. 

I usually put an SPF, then a primer on. I go in with my concealer and it applies well! Sometimes I wait 2 minutes to let it sit.  I’ll go in with a foundation over it with a sponge(usually Fenty Pro Filter) and I have a really hard time with the concealer becoming patchy and breaking up.  The concealer I put over my face is washed away and you can now see my dark spots and acne. Even if I don’t put my foundation over where I have the concealer, it usually will rub off when I put something like blush on top, after I thought I set it with loose powder.  A lot of times during the day too it will become patchy and cease where it did decide to stay. 
Any help?  Is this wrong for my skin type? should I be using a foundation that provides less coverage?  I heard such great things about this, and my makeup technique is amateur, so I figured I may be doing something wrong before I try another product completely.  

Re: Trouble With Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer?

@legzzzy 

With pot concealers it is best to warm them in between your fingers and then apply the concealer.  You don't really have to let it sit.  I know if I let my cream concealer sit it will get patchy and harder to blend out.

Are you using the right primer and foundation for your skin type?  Also, it could be your powder you are setting it with.

Try applying your foundation first and then spot conceal.

Ah okay that’s good to know! 
I use Milk Hydrogrip primer or the ordinary’s high adherence primer. I think those are good for oily skin?  If you have better recommendations let me know! 
I’ll try doing what you said though that’ll help!!!  Thank you so very much for the help 🙂

@legzzzy I don't have any primer recommendations for oily skin since I am more dry/combo but I know others on here can give you better advice on a primer for oily skin.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing