Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Trialing Pat McGrath's Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Concealer

We've seen you buzzing over this launch in the Pat McGrath Thread and know how much the BIC loves Pat, so the moment we learned about this launch we knew we HAD to get our hands on a few tubes and give you another concealer testimonial. We will be sharing our thoughts on everything from the packaging to wear time... We will be covering ALL. OF. IT. - pun intended - and you’ll soon see why.

PMG Concealer.png

How does the PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Concealer M17 perform and what's the verdict on the packaging and shade range? 

• Packaging: The luxe, glass tube is fitting for this quality formula and the applicator makes it easy to dot or wipe on your desired amount of product. We suggest using a light hand and building up until you achieve your desired coverage. 
  • Coverage: You can go in with a light dab for minimal coverage without the formula looking cakey. If you're the opposite (like me) and are seeking to camouflage certain areas and spots you aren't crazy about, I think you will be a believer in this formula. What is acne, redness, and scarring? I suddenly have perfectly clear skin (Thanks Pat!). Pretty sure I could use this concealer to cover up all my past mistakes. @AlexBT also noted that this did a great job at concealing her pores. 
  • Formula: Oh Mother, this formula is FANTASTIC. You would think that anything this effective at disguising our facial gripes would be dry and take residence in all the lines but, by some miracle, it doesn't. It's smooth, not drying, offers great coverage, and lasts for days. The formula contains something called "vita-serum complex" which is moisturizing and literally combats the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. We love it when makeup incorporates skincare benefits and, I mean, it's Pat so she did it right. @BrendaBT , Alex, and I were all impressed by the smooth application and and the smooth appearance of our skin after applying the product. Of course this doesn't flatten my milia and blemishes, but it makes them hardly noticeable. Best part? No need to reapply because this formula stays put and it's very rare I feel this way about a concealer.
  • Shade range: There are 36 shades launching and they cover several shade categories across skintones: light (L1-L7), light medium (LM 8-LM14), medium (M15-M21), medium deep (MD22-MD28), and deep (D29-D36). To see the full shade range see the swatches above. Details on my shade are in the spoiler tab for anyone interested. 
    Spoiler
  • Rating: 10/10! 5 stars! Can you tell we like this formula yet? For me, if I really love a concealer I will purchase multiple shades so let's just say I will be buying a shade for every season.

See below for swatches of (almost) every shade! 

PMG Light swatches.JPG

PMG Medium-Light swatches.JPG

PMG Medium Swatches.JPG

PMG Medium-Dark Swatches.JPG

PMG Dark Swatches.JPG

Here are our before and after photos – we will let the photos speak for themselves.

BrendaBT's before and afterBrendaBT's before and after

My before and afterMy before and after

Pro tip: To warm up your look, this formula is fantastic when used as a bronzier, darker shade (in the right places). I tested shade MD23 to shape my nose, add warmth to my cheeks, and to even add dimension to my eyes. 

Here’s what you need to know about Pat McGrath’s Sublime Perfection Concealer:

• It launches on Friday, 2/21
  • Great for light or full-coverage
  • Great for dry skin - it's actually moisturizing!
  • Won't sit in your creases
  • Minimizes the appearance of pores
  • The formula actually lasts - you shouldn't need to reapply throughout the day

Final word on the Sublime Perfection Concealer? LOVE! We're sold for life so good luck to any other concealers. Pat has stolen our hearts - again!

Are you looking forward to trying this concealer? Let us know!

Re: Trialing Pat McGrath's Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Concealer

Your reviews have me sold! It's definitely on my purchase list for the next sale 🙂

Sorry for the late reply - I missed your comment @StyleLynn 

Are you still planning on picking this up during the sale? 

RE: Re: Trialing Pat McGrath's Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Concealer

It’s in my cart waiting for tomorrow 😊

Those swatches are so helpful! I stopped by a Sephora and tried Light 5 undereye but it looked a little too cool/pink for my skintone. I usually wear Armani Fabric Concealer mixing 3 and 4. Any suggestions for a better shade for me? I wear the Pat McGrath Foundation in Light 5 during the winter months, but my undereyes have a lot of purple tones to cancel out.

Does the Sephora website contain a reverse Color IQ lookup? I know my Color IQ is 1Y06; however, my under eye area has been matched to Born This Way's Vanilla shade as well as Smashbox Light Cool Peach, so how can I find out which shade in Pat McGrath concealer that would equal? I wish Sephora's website had the ShadeFinder feature for concealer like they have for foundation.

Also, has anyone compared Pat McGrath concealer to Born This Way or Smashbox? I'd love to hear comparisons.

Hi @skaparna so sorry for the late reply, I missed your question! I have tried the BTW concealer - another one of my favorites. I think that if you love how full-coverage that concealer is you will LOVE this conceal from PMG. I want to say the PMG formula is a little bit more thick and creamy. 

You may want to try the reverse lookup on the PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Foundation Medium Deep 25 product page to find your shade - hope that helps!!

PSA: The PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Concealer M17 is finally LIVE and available for everyone to try out at Sephora and on Sephora.com.

Try it, swatch it, love it. I cannot wait to hear what you all think now that it's available!

@KatieBT mama needs to try this on these ol' tired eyes of mine. Looking gorgeous and can't wait to try!

RE: Trialing Pat McGrath's Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Concealer

Hey do you think you could post am ingredients list for this? Also, have you tried the new hourglass full coverage concealer? Would you be able to let us know how they compared if you did?

Re: RE: Trialing Pat McGrath's Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Concealer

@xcicee I haven't tried the Hourglass concealer yet but you're the second person to ask - I need to get swatching this weekend! I may or may not have just purposely made plans for a weekend brunch near my favorite Sephora in SF 🙂 

These are the ingredients listed on our site: 

Water / Aqua / Eau, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyphenylsilsesquioxane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rubus Idaeus Leaf Cell Culture, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain / Peut Contenir / +/- : Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499).

Thanks for sharing!  You both look so good @KatieBT & @BrendaBT Did you find it creased during wear? I'm excited to try this since Mother's foundation was a surprise hit for me.  It's so light but looks flawless!

@michelleshops I have yet to try her foundation but after trying the concealers, I'm sure the foundation is also a master piece of art (just like everything mother creates). The concealers are super creamy and set really nicely, I didn't notice creasing throughout the day! 🙂 

@michelleshops aw thank you!! And no I didn’t notice any creasing but will keep an eye on this as I wear it through the day. 

Thank you so much for the swatches and review @KatieBT!  I am super excited about this release as I have yet to find my HG concealer.  Long lasting, doesn't setting into fine lines AND moisturizing?!  This just might be THE one.  February 21st can't come soon enough!!

@mrsmouse I hope you love them as much as we did! Let us know your thoughts if you try it 🙂 

Oh, I am absolutely going to try this concealer @BrendaBT.  I actually have it on my calendar to run by Sephora solely for that purpose.  I've heard good things about the foundation too, have you tried that?  I am currently in the market for both so am taking recommendations.  🙂

Yes, I wrote down my perfect shade after we tried it out and will be running to Sephora on the 21st as well! As for the foundation, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but I have heard wonderful things about the formula and it's on my must-try list, will probably try it out after I'm done with the foundation I'm currently using!

You're so welcome, @mrsmouse! I'm hoping that others find it as fantastic as we do 🙂 

I've been loading on the retinol every night and my makeup usually looks pretty terrifying when my skin is getting used to retinol - just a dry, flakey mess! I'm so happy to have discovered this concealer since I want to cover up certain areas and I feel like the formula is nourishing my thirsty skin. 

I'm certainly crossing my fingers that I'll love the concealer as you do @KatieBT

Oh and boy do I hear you on the retinol!  I've been using retinol for a while, but decided it was time to try a stronger one.  I recently started on DE A-Passioni and can only use it 2-3 times a week or my skin get those dry flakey patches too.  

Oh @mrsmouse not sure if you've tried it yet but I highly recommend Drunk Elephant F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mLif you are ever feeling dry. Its like a glass of water for my skin!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 223 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos8
  • PMG Light swatches.JPG
  • PMG Medium-Light swatches.JPG
  • PMG Medium Swatches.JPG
  • PMG Dark Swatches.JPG
  • PMG Concealer.png
  • BrendaBT's before and after