cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Skin tone and undertones!?

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone can please tell me their opinion on what shade my skin tone is and what are my undertones? Or just give me an idea?! 

My veins appear green/blue, I look great in almost every color, esp. darks, also in silver and gold...etc. I've tried a bunch of "quizzes" and this is what I've come up with... Fair to light skin with neutral undertones    ????

I'm clueless and it's been a struggle trying to find a foundation match! I do not currently have one that matches just right. Although, Elf HD concealer in Fair blends in with my face flawlessy.

Please & Thank You!! 💕

fullsizeoutput_4d.jpeg 

Re: Skin tone and undertones!?

Lighting can also alter the color. Do you have any makeup on in the picture?

@Tommianne

Start with a true neutral, not pink/not noticeably yellow. You can get samples from Sephora and beauty counters, get all the neutrals for fair, light skin. You're probably not the fairest intensity, lightest shade a brand has.

You also want the color to blend in with your jawline/neck, otherwise you'll be two different colors. Bronzer helps to even out.

A tinted moisturizer/bb/cc can be more forgiving with how a color blends in, since they provide less coverage compared to foundation.

I do not have any make up or primer on in this photo. I will definitely have to get samples, and consider a tinted moisturizer as well!!

Thank you!! 

RE: Skin tone and undertones!?

I’m not sure its easy to tell from a picture because coloring can be off but I definitely agree with watching the Lisa Eldridge video... I love her, very talented! I think you look light medium with warmer undertones in your picture based on your chest which looks more golden to me, but pictures can translate differently than real life. Good Luck!

@Tommianne  I know how frustrating this can be!  For me, the best explanation I found is on a video by Lisa Eldridge entitled, "Finding the Right Shade of Foundation."  It is available on YouTube.

The veins on my arms are a mix of blue and green, but after watching the above video I realized that even in the winter, my arms can get some sun because of my location, and any coloring I got from driving, being outside, etc., could alter the appearance of my veins. I assumed I was neutral, but every neutral foundation I used either gave me a greenish cast or dulled my complexion, so I was confused.

So, I followed Lisa Eldridge's advice and looked at the skin on my neck behind my ears and my chest, and sure enough, they were all blue!  So now I know I am cool-toned, and it's helped tremendously to know that.

If were to give an amateur guess/opinion on your skin, I would say you are a light-medium olive skin with cool undertones.  

I hope you get your answers soon!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • fullsizeoutput_4d.jpeg
testing