Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Setting makeup

When using all cream products is it a must to put powder on top to set everything so the products don’t come off? Or are most cream  products pretty good on their own?

Re: Setting makeup

It depends on your goals. Setting a cream foundation would prolong the wear time but may make the look cackey. Most of foundations I’ve tried on my dry/normal skin look the best unset but only for 4h or less, then they look terrible 😁. If set - they can last for 6-8h but they look just good or okay, definitely worse than unset.

It depends a lot on your own skin, @Vanessadee1529. My skin leans oily so I can't use cream products WITHOUT a good powder to set them, but it's such a highly individual experience. If you notice they aren't staying well on their own you could always try primer or setting spray instead of powder. 

@Vanessadee1529 Unless you have dry skin you don’t need to really set the cream products.

I like setting cream products on my dry/combo skin to keep them lasting longer.  Maybe test them out with and then without setting powder and see how they wear on you. Everyone is different. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing