Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Setting Powders?

For the past few months I have been issuing Laura Mercier setting powder, but lately it has been looking cakey, dry, and “separates” with my foundation. I am using Nars tinted moisturizer and cover fx power play concealer. My skin has been breaking out like crazy lately, and I have some acne scars. I’m thinking of trying out the It cc cream. I have oily and acne prone skin. Any ideas on other foundations or setting powders? I would like to stick with tinted moisturizers or light- med coverage foundations.

Setting Powders?

@horsiegal333 priming your face before applying makeup helps with the longevity of your makeup. For BB or CC creams I would recommend the one from Nars, Laura Mercier and IT cosmetics. I would also recommend going with an oil free formula since you have oily skin. For powders it depends what you what, would you like a pressed or loose powder, with or without colour. For translucent lose powders I like the one from cover FX and hourglass. For pressed powders I would recommend Charlotte Tilbury (a little goes a very long way), Fenty beauty or from MAC. I would also recommend using a setting spray after you're done to also improve the longevity. The ones from cover FX are really good (they also have a matte one) or the urban decay nighter (I've been using it for years). I hope that helps 🙂

Re: Setting Powders?

Re: Setting Powders?

I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s definitely on my list. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush powder or Fenty Matte powder? Also, towards the end of my day my foundation separates on my nose and chin. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing