Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 Vegan Brushes!

I think we can all agree that Sephora Collection PRO Brushes are amazing tools that allow us to essentially become our own makeup artists, plus they provide great quality at an amazing value! We know there are so many different brushes out there that it can be overwhelming when it comes to selecting the ones you really need. That is why Sephora Collection has not only improved upon their PRO brushes, but also refined their assortment to 30 brushes total: 5 foundation, 14 face (blush, highlight, etc.), and 11 eye brushes.

This assortment is made up of Sephora Collection’s best-selling brushes, now with improved brush head shapes while still keeping the chic, streamlined look, great quality, and value. And yes, all brushes are vegan (!)and the new packaging is color coded based on category (foundation, face, and eyes).

We started a glossary to break down what each new brush is and what it is meant to be used for -- and just in case you still need a little help deciding which brushes you really *NEED* need, look out for the ones we starred** for our absolute must-haves!

FOUNDATION BRUSHES:

55.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #55
What it’s for: Best for multi-tasking between foundation and other face products. It provides a sheer coverage and can be used with any type of foundation (liquid, cream, powder, and/or stick).
How to use it: Use circular motions across entire face to buff and blend.     

Price: USD $30.00 / CAD $40.00   

64.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #64**

What it’s for: For natural, airbrushed foundation finish. It provides a sheer coverage and works best with liquids, creams, and/or stick foundations.
How to use it: Use downward sweeping motions across entire face to blend. 

47.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #47

What it’s for: Provides a fingertip-like application and medium coverage for foundation. Best for liquid, cream, and/or stick foundations.
How to use it: Use Downward sweeping motions across entire face to blend.              

56.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #56

What it’s for: Best for building coverage for medium to full foundation coverage with liquid, cream, powder, and/or stick foundations.
How to use it: Use Downward sweeping motions across entire face to blend.     

70.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #70**

What it’s for: Best for buffing liquid, cream, and/or stick foundations for full coverage.
How to use it: Use circular buffing motions across entire face to blend.

FACE BRUSHES:

93.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #93

What it’s for: Best for sculpting blush with a cream, powder, and/or stick formula for medium coverage.
How to use it: Use in upward sweeping motions to build color on cheek contours.                                               

96.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #96**

What it’s for: For building blush coverage with a liquid, cream, powder, and/or stick formula.                          

How to use it: Make short sweeping motions to build color on cheek contours.                                           

99.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99

What it’s for: Best for a targeted, full coverage blush application with any type of formula.
How to use it: Use by blending outwards on apples of the cheeks for an even application.                            

80.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Bronzer Brush #80

What it’s for: Best for an all-over warm glow with a powder formula bronzer.

How to use it: Make long sweeping motions across the face.

Price: USD $34.00 / CAD $45.00

87.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Highlight Brush #87

What it’s for: An all-over highlight brush that works best with a powder formula and delivers light highlight coverage.             

How to use it: Make back and forth sweeping motions across the face.       

98.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Highlight Brush #98

What it’s for: A highlight precision brush for tops of cheekbones, brow bone, and Cupid’s bow. Can be use with any highlight formula and delivers medium coverage.                                                                              

How to use it: Move back and forth in sweeping motions on tops of cheekbones, brow bone and cupid's bow.                                     

59.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #59**
What it’s for: A powder brush best for targeted setting and blending.

How to use it: Move back and forth in sweeping motions for targeted placement across the face.                 

50.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #50

What it’s for: An all-over setting brush best for powder formulas.

How to use it: Press and roll with the flat tapered side for all over setting.

79.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Contour Brush #79**
What it’s for: A sculpting and contouring brush best for powder formula bronzer.

How to use it: Make sweeping motions from temples to hollows of cheeks to sculpt and define.                     

78.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Contour Brush #78
What it’s for: This contour buffing brush works best for contouring with cream and stick formulas.                           

How to use it: Make sweeping motions from temples to hollows of cheeks to sculpt and define.               

45.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Concealer #45             

What it’s for: A concealer brush for targeted application - works best with liquid, cream, and stick formulas.                

How to use it: Press and make tapping motions on blemishes and under the eyes to place and blend.

Price: USD $22.00 / CAD $30.00

57.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Concealer Brush #57**
What it’s for: A concealer brush for buffing and blending concealer around the face. Works best with liquid, cream, and stick formulas.

How to use it: Use in circular buffing motions to blend and cover imperfections.   

71.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Concealer Brush #71

What it’s for: A concealer brush perfect to cover imperfections and build coverage with liquid, cream, and/or stick formula.                   

How to use it: Use by pressing and tapping motions then blend downward to cover imperfections.   

85.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Lip Brush #85

What it’s for: The perfect brush to define and fill lips.                             

How to use it: Use the tip of the brush to define corners and Cupid’s bow, and use the flat side to fill in color on the lips.                 

Price: USD $16.00 / CAD $21.00

EYE BRUSHES:

10.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #10

What it’s for: An all-over shadow brush. Works best with any eyeshadow formula.

How to use it: Sweep eyeshadow all over the eyelid for evenly distributed color.

Price: USD $20.00 / CAD $27.00

14.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #14**
What it’s for: This brush works best for applying shadow to the lid.

How to use it: Use by pressing and tapping motions to pack and blend eyeshadow on the eyelid.      

15.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #15**

What it’s for: This brush works best for a more precise shadow application.

How to use it: Use by pressing and tapping motions to pack and blend eyeshadow on the eyelid.       

13.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #13

What it’s for: A shadow brush best for packing intense pigment.                                                                                          

How to use it: Use by pressing and tapping motions on eyelid to build and intensify pigment.

18.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #18
What it’s for: This eyeshadow brush is perfect for blending and diffusing pigment along the lash line.

How to use it: Use by sweeping in back and forth motions to blend and diffuse along the lash line.   

19.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #19**
What it’s for: A brush that builds and diffuses pigment along the crease

How to use it: Use by sweeping in back and forth motions to diffuse pigment along the crease.           

26.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #26

What it’s for: A brush for blending pigment along the crease and lash line.

How to use it: Use in soft circular motions along the crease to blend shadow

27.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #27

What it’s for: This brush also works great for applying and blending product on the crease.

How to use it: Use in soft circular motions along the crease to blend. 

24.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #24

What it’s for: This shadow brush works great for a precise application and blending.

How to use it: Use by applying eyeshadow to the crease for added definition.

22.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Eye Liner Brush #22
What it’s for: This brush works best for precise application along the lash line.

How to use it: Use by applying eyeshadow or cream eyeliner with the stiff tapered point along the lash line to create a winged/ cat-eyed effect. 

Price: USD $16.00 / CAD $21.00

20.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Brow Brush #20**

What it’s for: This brush works best for defining and filling brows.                                                                                   

How to use it: Use the spoolie to brush hair upward.  Fill in any sparse areas with short feathery strokes to help shape and define. 

Price: USD $18.00 / CAD $24.00

These new and improved PRO Brushes are available now. Which ones will you be scooping up? Let us know your favorites by replying below!

Re: NEW Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 New Brushes!

I'm behind on posting, but thank you so much Sephora and Team BIC for including me in this opportunity to get to try out the brushes with their new launch on site! 

IMG_20200311_160751.jpgIMG_20200311_161119.jpgIMG_20200311_161304.jpgIMG_20200311_160934.jpg

Re: NEW Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 New Brushes!

Here is my full review after having the brushes for a week

Contour #79

I have used a lot of contour brushes and this brush was just okay for me. It’s easy to pack on color and apply to the temples of the forehead and to the hollows of the cheeks and blend out.  I just wish it was angular instead to make contouring the face a little bit easier especially for beginners. The bristles are soft on the skin but after washing there is still a chemical smell to the brush.

Brow #20

I love using eye shadow to create my brow shape. I have thin brows and like to gradually create my brow shape with powder and then define the tail end with a brow pencil. This brush was just too stuff to deposit the brow powder. I only used a little powder on the brush and gentle strokes but because of the stiffness it didn’t lay the powder down naturally. It looked too harsh and I would continually have to brush through with the spoolie to soften the harshness.

Crease #19

If you are looking for a fluffy crease brush this will not be for you. It’s more on the dense side which works great for packing on a dark color in the outer corner of the eyelid and blending it out with another brush. Or just using one color to blend out harsh lines on the lid.   Since It is tapered you really get into the crease/eyelid fold. I don’t know if this would be the brush to use to transition from light to a darker shade color as I feel it’s not soft enough and it could pack on too much color at once if you are not careful and be a pain to blend out.  It felt stiff compared to other crease brushes I own and I also couldn’t get the chemical smell out after washing it.

Foundation #70

This is similar to a flat top kabuki brush which does a good job at picking up foundation and buffing it into the skin.  The brush was soft on the face and easy to work with and didn’t absorb the foundation into the brush so a little goes a long way.

Powder #59

This brush is a nice size but I wish it was fluffier to really pick up powder and deposit it all over the face. I felt using it in back and forth motions as described disturbed the foundation I was wearing. This is better used in a tapping/rolling motion.

Foundation #56

This brush could easily be used with the #70 brush. The 56 would lay the color down and then the 70 would buff the foundation out. I feel if you use this brush you may need a sponge afterwards to blend it out as it may pack on too much foundation and you could end up with cake face.  When using this brush I had a wedge sponge handy to really blend out what the brush couldn’t.

Blush #96

This brush did a great job at picking up color and applying it to the apples of my cheeks.  It didn’t pick up too much product so it was easy to gradually build up the cheek color.  It’s best to tap the color on the cheek and then sweep up the color.

Concealer #57

This is a densely packed brush for under eye concealer.  It was hard to get it to pick up cream concealer from the tube to the under eye area so I used my fingers to rub the concealer out of the tube and apply it to the areas I needed and then buffed the area with the brush. I think it would have worked better with liquid concealer.  It didn’t feel harsh on the skin which I liked.

Shadow #14

This brush was a little too big for my Asian eyes and was hard to pack on color cleanly to just my eyelid area only.  If you have smaller lid space like I do I would suggest to get the #15 brush or try to control the eye shadow placement carefully because it could end up messy where you will need to get a q tip to clean up the edges.

Shadow #15

This brush was perfect in size for my eyelid and is a great detailer. It picked up powder nicely and was easy to control shadow placement.  This brush could also be great if you wanted to do a cut crease or be more precise like highlighting under the brow or the inner corner of the eyes.

I appreciate your comment on the shadow #14 and shadow #15. I am also Asian and have hooded eyes. I fond findfond ot tricky find brushes that are not too big for my eye space. Thanks I will definetly try out the shadow #15 when I get enough money

@SportyGirly125 @I’m asking you this question because I always find your answers to be so very helpful on this site ♥️ And sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’m just clarifying, is this brush set that you were send the PRO brush set that can be purchased on the Sephora site for $70? Thanks 💕

@MandaPandaxx @No sorry it’s not the same set. I don’t think they are selling what we got in a set but just individually. 

Nicely laid out and very helpful.  I’d bookmark this link if I could.

NEW Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 New Brushes!

(I apologise in advance, I had to post this in the app so I know it will look weird. I'm hoping I can get on my computer later and fix it.) I'm still testing the full set out but I wanted to post some more pictures comparing the new brushes I received in gratis vs the old ones I have. I also have a few observations. First, I wanted to lay out the full set of brushes that I received. The new design is very sleek and beautiful. I received the 10 brushes total and the mini daily brush cleaner. Next, I thought people might be interested in seeing the difference between the old version and the new ones. I only had the match for 5 of the brushes but you can tell a district difference between the versions. (Note: I received the old version of 56 in a previous gratis.) The old ones are longer than the new ones. It not much and it varies depending on brush but the new ones are roughly 1/4 - 1/2 inch shorter. The other difference are the bristles. I believe the old ones were both natural hair (19, 14, & 20?) and synthetic bristles (56 & 79). I am glad to have the new version of 19. I love the brush shape but I actually had to pack my old one away last year because the natural bristles caused a rash on my eye. Having all synthetic bristles in the set is definitely a plus for me! Personally, I was curious if the daily brush cleaner spray had a formula change because I use it in-between deep cleanings. So in case anyone is curious, I also included a picture of the ingredients in the new (top) and old (bottom) brush cleaning sprays. I'm happy to report they appear to be the same formula, just new packaging. I'm still testing them so I'll report back (probably next week) with my findings.

Great review, @Lazybeautybeast!  I love seeing the comparison picture between the old and new versions of the brushes.

Definitely saving this post for future reference! In the past I've always loved the PRO brushes (the #56 is seriously one of my fave brushes of all time!) so I'm excited to see the new versions. 

RE: NEW Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 New Brushes!

I just got mine in! Thank you so much for the opportunity to try these out! I cannot wait 🤩🥺

I own many Sephora Collection brushes from their classic and pro lines and have been using them for years without any of them shedding. These new ones look as good as the older ones. May pick a couple during upcoming sale.

First off, what a helpful thread! Thank you so much @TeamBIC for giving me the opportunity to try out the brushes. So very generous!

The three sets!! Love how these are organized!The three sets!! Love how these are organized!

***The first brushes that I wish to post my feedback on are the shadow brushes (#14, #15, #19)

PRO Shadow #14
-This brush is meant to apply shadow to the eyelid. I found it great at packing on shadow due to its density, yet the bristles are still very soft with no scratchiness. I've mainly used this one to apply shadow all over the lid as well as above the crease and brow bone, and have particularly used it with base colors. It allowed for very quick yet even application.

PRO Shadow #15
-This brush appears to be a smaller version of #14 for more precise application. This one is also extremely soft yet does a great job of packing on shadow. Like its intended use, I mainly used this one for more precise application on the lid, particularly the inner and middle lid area. I was really impressed at how well this one applies shimmers. I've experienced some shadow brushes that do a poor job applying shimmery/metallic shadows that are better suited to finger application. This brush, however, did a great job of packing on metallics while maintaining a nice, rich pigmented look.

--Below is a size comparison of 14 and 15.

#14 top; #15 bottom#14 top; #15 bottom
PRO Crease #19
-This brush is mainly meant for applying shadow along the crease. So far, this one is probably my favorite. It's oh so soft, and I love the shape. It does a perfect job of placing shadow nicely in the crease area, and it almost seems to blend it in the process. It worked so very nicely with my matte crease shades. I also used this one for the outer V area, and it did a lovely job placing darker shades in this area. Again, I'm very impressed with this brush. It basically is the kind of brush that does the work for you. I actually plan to buy a backup of it so I can use it with different shades during one session.

#19 Pro Crease#19 Pro Crease
I also want to try the PRO Crease #26 for blending purposes. It looks like there are a few different options of blending brushes in this line, but this one seems like it may be the best for blending the crease upwards. I definitely plan to purchase 26 in the future! 

I appreciate the review of these eye brushes. I have been looking for a new set of eye brushes. I have a question, I have hooded eyes and in your opinion are the these good for hooded eyes?

@TeamBIC Thank you! These Pro Brushes have a wow factor! They look fabulous - I have not tried them yet because I just opened the box and was so impressed by the packaging I wanted to share pictures. Very grateful to Sephora for letting me try 10 brushes! They are nice and long, #79 Pro Contour is 8 inches long and the brushes have a good counter balance weight. So excited to try these! The cases are very nice, I really like the oversized, fat zipper. TY for gift!PRO BRUSHES KITPRO BRUSHES KITPRO BRUSHES KIT EYES KIT ON TOPPRO BRUSHES KIT EYES KIT ON TOPPRO BRUSHES  FACE KITPRO BRUSHES FACE KITPRO BRUSHES FOUNDATION KITPRO BRUSHES FOUNDATION KITPRO BRUSHES CASESPRO BRUSHES CASESPRO BUSHES KIT EYESPRO BUSHES KIT EYES

RE: NEW Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 New Brushes!

@TeamBIC thank you for this, it was even more helpful. Can’t wait to test them out!

@TeamBIC Thank you for the detail breakdown of the brushes. I can’t wait to start using the ones I have received from you to test out. 

@SportyGirly125 Can't wait to hear what you think of them once you give 'em a whirl! We'd love to get some of your feedback here to help make the brush thread extra informative. 🙂

Thank you @TeamBIC  for this super helpful breakdown of each brush, and for very graciously sending me a gratis set of 10 brushes! I’ll post my reviews in the Gratis Thread; I’ve already posted some comparison photos there (some of these brushes vs. other brushes in my collection). Here’s a photo I haven’t posted there yet: the old and new powder 59. 

Kind of an unfair comparison since my old 59 isn’t showing its true shape right now, and my new 59 hasn’t finished unfurling (un-brushguardshaping) itself yet.Kind of an unfair comparison since my old 59 isn’t showing its true shape right now, and my new 59 hasn’t finished unfurling (un-brushguardshaping) itself yet.

The old 59 used to be the brush I always used for blush and bronzer. It’s kinda misshapen right now because some bristles got crimped/splayed in a brush guard; I’ll have to wash it to get it reshaped correctly. Anyway, I loved this brush so much. A new brush I love even more sent this one into retirement, but I’ll always have very fond memories of it. I’m excited to try the new version for comparison. Straight away, I can say I greatly appreciate the shortened handles of the new Pro brushes. 

For folks who need the Gratis Thread link: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/The-Gratis-Thread/m-p/4747081/highlight/true#M3...

I’m sure several of us will be posting feedback/reviews of these brushes there. 🙂 

@WinglessOne I like that there’s an updated version to let us see the wear and tear on our favourite brushes.  My original pro brushes are around ten years old and still going strong but it’s obvious when seeing them side by side that they’re well loved.  
It begs the question- how long are makeup brushes supposed to last?  

@heartsmyface  It really is interesting to see other people’s old vs. new brush comparisons. 🙂 

10 years is good longevity for a makeup brush! A well made brush can last a looooong time if properly cared for. I have 3 MAC eye brushes that are 25-30 years old. (I bought them during my college years.) Since MAC no longer makes natural hair brushes, mine are irreplaceable. I mean sure, I have a 239S shader, but I prefer my 30 year old 144 shader which is just now starting to suffer from loose ferrule syndrome. It’ll be fun to see how long these new Sephora PROs last with good brush care. 

Super-helpful breakdown of the new collection, @TeamBIC

85 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • 55.png
  • 64.png
  • 47.png
  • 56.png
  • 70.png
  • 93.png
  • 96.png
  • 99.png