Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 Vegan Brushes!

I think we can all agree that Sephora Collection PRO Brushes are amazing tools that allow us to essentially become our own makeup artists, plus they provide great quality at an amazing value! We know there are so many different brushes out there that it can be overwhelming when it comes to selecting the ones you really need. That is why Sephora Collection has not only improved upon their PRO brushes, but also refined their assortment to 30 brushes total: 5 foundation, 14 face (blush, highlight, etc.), and 11 eye brushes.

This assortment is made up of Sephora Collection’s best-selling brushes, now with improved brush head shapes while still keeping the chic, streamlined look, great quality, and value. And yes, all brushes are vegan (!)and the new packaging is color coded based on category (foundation, face, and eyes).

We started a glossary to break down what each new brush is and what it is meant to be used for -- and just in case you still need a little help deciding which brushes you really *NEED* need, look out for the ones we starred** for our absolute must-haves!

FOUNDATION BRUSHES:

55.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #55
What it’s for: Best for multi-tasking between foundation and other face products. It provides a sheer coverage and can be used with any type of foundation (liquid, cream, powder, and/or stick).
How to use it: Use circular motions across entire face to buff and blend.     

Price: USD $30.00 / CAD $40.00   

64.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #64**

What it’s for: For natural, airbrushed foundation finish. It provides a sheer coverage and works best with liquids, creams, and/or stick foundations.
How to use it: Use downward sweeping motions across entire face to blend. 

47.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #47

What it’s for: Provides a fingertip-like application and medium coverage for foundation. Best for liquid, cream, and/or stick foundations.
How to use it: Use Downward sweeping motions across entire face to blend.              

56.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #56

What it’s for: Best for building coverage for medium to full foundation coverage with liquid, cream, powder, and/or stick foundations.
How to use it: Use Downward sweeping motions across entire face to blend.     

70.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #70**

What it’s for: Best for buffing liquid, cream, and/or stick foundations for full coverage.
How to use it: Use circular buffing motions across entire face to blend.

FACE BRUSHES:

93.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #93

What it’s for: Best for sculpting blush with a cream, powder, and/or stick formula for medium coverage.
How to use it: Use in upward sweeping motions to build color on cheek contours.                                               

96.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #96**

What it’s for: For building blush coverage with a liquid, cream, powder, and/or stick formula.                          

How to use it: Make short sweeping motions to build color on cheek contours.                                           

99.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99

What it’s for: Best for a targeted, full coverage blush application with any type of formula.
How to use it: Use by blending outwards on apples of the cheeks for an even application.                            

80.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Bronzer Brush #80

What it’s for: Best for an all-over warm glow with a powder formula bronzer.

How to use it: Make long sweeping motions across the face.

Price: USD $34.00 / CAD $45.00

87.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Highlight Brush #87

What it’s for: An all-over highlight brush that works best with a powder formula and delivers light highlight coverage.             

How to use it: Make back and forth sweeping motions across the face.       

98.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Highlight Brush #98

What it’s for: A highlight precision brush for tops of cheekbones, brow bone, and Cupid’s bow. Can be use with any highlight formula and delivers medium coverage.                                                                              

How to use it: Move back and forth in sweeping motions on tops of cheekbones, brow bone and cupid's bow.                                     

59.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #59**
What it’s for: A powder brush best for targeted setting and blending.

How to use it: Move back and forth in sweeping motions for targeted placement across the face.                 

50.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #50

What it’s for: An all-over setting brush best for powder formulas.

How to use it: Press and roll with the flat tapered side for all over setting.

79.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Contour Brush #79**
What it’s for: A sculpting and contouring brush best for powder formula bronzer.

How to use it: Make sweeping motions from temples to hollows of cheeks to sculpt and define.                     

78.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Contour Brush #78
What it’s for: This contour buffing brush works best for contouring with cream and stick formulas.                           

How to use it: Make sweeping motions from temples to hollows of cheeks to sculpt and define.               

45.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Concealer #45             

What it’s for: A concealer brush for targeted application - works best with liquid, cream, and stick formulas.                

How to use it: Press and make tapping motions on blemishes and under the eyes to place and blend.

Price: USD $22.00 / CAD $30.00

57.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Concealer Brush #57**
What it’s for: A concealer brush for buffing and blending concealer around the face. Works best with liquid, cream, and stick formulas.

How to use it: Use in circular buffing motions to blend and cover imperfections.   

71.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Concealer Brush #71

What it’s for: A concealer brush perfect to cover imperfections and build coverage with liquid, cream, and/or stick formula.                   

How to use it: Use by pressing and tapping motions then blend downward to cover imperfections.   

85.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Lip Brush #85

What it’s for: The perfect brush to define and fill lips.                             

How to use it: Use the tip of the brush to define corners and Cupid’s bow, and use the flat side to fill in color on the lips.                 

Price: USD $16.00 / CAD $21.00

EYE BRUSHES:

10.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #10

What it’s for: An all-over shadow brush. Works best with any eyeshadow formula.

How to use it: Sweep eyeshadow all over the eyelid for evenly distributed color.

Price: USD $20.00 / CAD $27.00

14.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #14**
What it’s for: This brush works best for applying shadow to the lid.

How to use it: Use by pressing and tapping motions to pack and blend eyeshadow on the eyelid.      

15.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #15**

What it’s for: This brush works best for a more precise shadow application.

How to use it: Use by pressing and tapping motions to pack and blend eyeshadow on the eyelid.       

13.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #13

What it’s for: A shadow brush best for packing intense pigment.                                                                                          

How to use it: Use by pressing and tapping motions on eyelid to build and intensify pigment.

18.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #18
What it’s for: This eyeshadow brush is perfect for blending and diffusing pigment along the lash line.

How to use it: Use by sweeping in back and forth motions to blend and diffuse along the lash line.   

19.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #19**
What it’s for: A brush that builds and diffuses pigment along the crease

How to use it: Use by sweeping in back and forth motions to diffuse pigment along the crease.           

26.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #26

What it’s for: A brush for blending pigment along the crease and lash line.

How to use it: Use in soft circular motions along the crease to blend shadow

27.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #27

What it’s for: This brush also works great for applying and blending product on the crease.

How to use it: Use in soft circular motions along the crease to blend. 

24.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #24

What it’s for: This shadow brush works great for a precise application and blending.

How to use it: Use by applying eyeshadow to the crease for added definition.

22.png

What it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Eye Liner Brush #22
What it’s for: This brush works best for precise application along the lash line.

How to use it: Use by applying eyeshadow or cream eyeliner with the stiff tapered point along the lash line to create a winged/ cat-eyed effect. 

Price: USD $16.00 / CAD $21.00

20.pngWhat it is: SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Brow Brush #20**

What it’s for: This brush works best for defining and filling brows.                                                                                   

How to use it: Use the spoolie to brush hair upward.  Fill in any sparse areas with short feathery strokes to help shape and define. 

Price: USD $18.00 / CAD $24.00

These new and improved PRO Brushes are available now. Which ones will you be scooping up? Let us know your favorites by replying below!

Re: Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 Vegan Brushes!

Wondering if the @TeamBIC community can advise me on the best blush brush to use for a small face.

Years ago I purchased the Sephora Pro Collection # 59 brush, which an in-store beauty advisor recommended to me for powder, blush and highlight. It worked well, although I don't think they make it anymore.

I went ahead with it and although years later I am still using it, I find that it sometimes spreads blush to lower parts of my face. I have a smaller sized face, and I apply blush to the apples of my cheeks. 

During the latest Rouge sale, I purchased the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 but I find it doesn't pick up product at all. Could it be that it's new? If I compare it to the 59, I like that one better and am thinking of returning the 99. I washed it and it looks fluffier but still doesn't look like it would be as effective.

Any thoughts or advice on this would be great!

Re: Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 Vegan Brushes!

@nyfashionista  I have the old and new versions of SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #59 . The new 59 is looser (less dense) than the old one, so it splays more than the old one did. I don't think you'd like the new one if you're having precision control issues with the old one. 

I use the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 and don't have issues picking up enough product with it. This little brush is so dense, I find it sometimes picks up too much powder blush (accidentally gave myself Pikachu cheeks with NARS Exhibit A while testing this brush 😂), so I very rarely use it with powders. But I love it for cream blush: it's perfect for my usual "stamp/stipple first, then sweep/blend” application technique. It's also nice for sheer buildable powder blushes; that's the only type of powder blush I use with it. Have you tried using this brush since washing it? If not, see if it picks up more product for you now. 

I've also used the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #96 . It's larger than the 99 but smaller than the 59. If you use the tip when first applying a powder or cream blush and then sweep/buff at an angle, you'll get good control of placement and a nice blend. The 96 has more splay than the 99 but not as much as the 59. 

Do you only want vegan/synthetic brushes (regardless of brand)? I'd recommend my 2 favorite blush brushes, but they have natural hair bristles. 

@WinglessOne Thank you for your detailed reply!

Since I washed the 99, I noticed it has become more fluffy. I'm thinking over time it will loosen up and apply more product? As when it was brand new, it was completely flat and was not picking up any product. 

Truth be told, Benefit makes my fave all time blush and I used to use their brush straight out of the box...when a Sephora BA told me it was garbage I couldn't believe it! I now miss using it, made everything so much easier!

I'm still debating whether to keep it or not...I believe the return/exchange policy is 30 days?

@nyfashionista  Good to hear your 99's fluffed up! Sometimes a brush doesn't reach its full potential until it's been washed and dried, so the bristles can unfurl. If that brush still doesn't work out for you, Sephora's return policy is 30 days if you want a refund in the form of your original payment. If you return between 31 and 60 days, you'll get a store credit that can be used only in-store or online (not both), depending on how you bought your item(s). 

I don't think I've ever tried Benefit's blush, surprisingly. It'd be interesting to see if the 99 works with your favorite blush. And hey, if that blush was great for you, why not switch back to it (assuming it's still available)? 🙂 NARS makes my favorite powder blushes, but I also love several made by other brands. Looking at my collection, most of my powder blushes are NARS, Natasha Denona, Hourglass, Pat McGrath, and Patrick Ta (eh, those are powder + cream duos). Wayne Goss also makes a great powder blush, and I'm still sad I'll never be able to buy another Becca blush unless I happen upon one at Marshalls/TJMaxx/etc. 

Also thank you for letting me know the return policy I am still playing around the with SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99!

@WinglessOne There is a fine line between too much dispersion and not enough, so I'll keep trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 again until I see if it works better than the 59 for blush. 

Those are all heavy blush contenders and top names! I actually still use Benefit blush, my faves are Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Baby-Pink Blush Dandelion, Charlotte Tilbury Chic to Chic, and also the Sephora lip mousses used as blush, such as SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Liquid Lip Mousse ORCHID. So I still use Benefit blush but just stopped using the mini brush they give you in the packaging. I usually end up giving them to someone who will use it to avoid to discarding them as waste. I also still use them for travel when I keep the mini versions in my purse. 

I like a light, natural flush compared to something heavy and makeup-looking. I don't wear foundation either so I don't need a heavy colour. What I like about the first two blushes I mentioned is that they have a very slight natural shimmer to them which makes them prismatic, so they look like skin. The last one still looks like a natural flush and Sephora always made them to be double duty. I actually prefer these way over Rare Beauty. They also look amazing on the lips and layered with each other!

Based on my description, are there any of your fave blushes that you would recommend to me?

@nyfashionista  I don't wear foundation either—well, unless it's a powder foundation I use to mask a sunscreen's white/grey cast or tone down a too-shiny/greasy looking sunscreen. Thinking of a few blushes you might like: 

Spoiler

My absolute favorite blush line for a true "natural flush" look is Glossier Cloud Paint. Those are cream blushes. The only problem with the Cloud Paints is wear time: some folks say the color fades from their cheeks within a few hours. I usually don't have too big a problem with that, but it's happened to me on hot sweaty days when I didn't dust on a tiny bit of my favorite setting powder to set the blush. I also love Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Golden Hour (various shades) for a natural looking flush. 

And certain shades of NARS powder blush will give a natural effect, depending on your skin tone. The shade Orgasm has never worked well on my skin tone, but on some folks it creates a warm, subtly shimmering, glowing flush. For my particular skin tone, NARS Blush Torrid and Outlaw (discontinued shade) are the equivalents. If I want a matte finish (no shimmer at all), I reach for NARS blush shade 413 BLKR (also discontinued) or Liberte. Overall, NARS makes my favorite powder blush formula. I like many NARS products, but if I were to recommend just one product from the brand, it'd be their powder blush singles. 

I also love some of the Sephora Liquid Lip Mousse shades! I don't use them as blush (though I've used other lipsticks as blush), but they're great on my lips. I think my favorite multi-use makeup product is Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Plum Wine ; can't tag it without picking a specific shade, but I do happen to love Plum Wine for lips, cheeks, and eyes. I use various Colorfix shades to custom-blend my own lip and cheek colors. They're fun to play with. 

And I just realized I never shared comparison photos of the 4 Sephora cheek brushes I talked about a few days ago. 🤦‍♀️ For the heck of it, here they are: 

Front view of Sephora Pro brushes. Far left is the old 59.Front view of Sephora Pro brushes. Far left is the old 59.Here you can see the 96's tapered shape vs. the 99's paddle shape.Here you can see the 96's tapered shape vs. the 99's paddle shape.

My 99 hasn't fluffed out after washes, probably because I usually dry it upside-down in a brush guard. Someday I'll dry it without a guard to see how well it maintains that paddle shape. These photos show how much the new 59 looks (and performs) more like a powder brush than a cheek/blush brush. Anyway, sounds like you're still giving the 99 a fighting chance. 🙂 

@WinglessOne Thanks for the photos! I notice that the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 works really well for highlight because it's tapered. It should be good for contour too. However, I still don't see it picking up pigment for blush. I already have Sephora Makeup Match Highlight Brush which some people use for blush, so I am going to try that. If that doesn't work I am looking at the Tom Ford Cheek Brush @SportyGirly125 recommended!

@nyfashionista I have a small round face and use tom ford blush brush. I had it for years and can’t live without it. It’s pricey but so worth it. 

Hi, 

Is this the cheek brush? I was looking at Sephora Pro Collection brushes only but thanks for letting me know!

@nyfashionista @The only Sephora collection blush brush I have used is SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #96 and it was just okay. 

I like Sephora Pro brushes, I was referred by a Beauty Advisor and have never deferred because I like to keep the same collection. 

I have purchased Chanel brushes in the past and they were no way near the quality and were much higher in price (like $50 for a mini lip brush). They may have vamped their line since then, however. 

Can you link the Tom Ford blush for reference? Thanks!

@nyfashionista @We can’t put outside links on BIC but this is what it looks like and Nordstrom is having a sale on it at the moment. 
8D569D70-D22C-4180-8393-8E848D5C3DE0.png

#57 is my favorite brush to blend out concealer; especially around the eyebrows. It literally melts the concealer into your foundation flawlessly. I’m obsessed to the point that I’ll probably buy back-ups.

RE: Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 Vegan Brushes!

Great overview of Sephora brushes. As a collector of make-up brushes, I will add a few of these to my collection.

Excited to try these brushes. I’ve heard they’re mostly great quality. Thank you for the information.

Hello.

I'm glad I found this community.

I've heard so much about the Sephora Pro brushes and now I'm ready to purchase my first 3 for the eyes.

I've read the tips! Thank you, especially for us with hooded eyelids.

Loved the walk through for each brush.  I’m looking to upgrade my brushes, especially for foundation.  I’ve been eyeing different brands. I needed something to help with give full coverage without leaving streaks.  Leaning towards 56 and/ or 70.  Making my list now then on to the reviews Brie I purchased.  Would love to hear how some folks use these to take care of red marks left by acne. 

@LissaDi I highly recommend #70 for liquid foundation. I’m a brush junkies and owning several high end brushes and also multiple beauty blenders. I had been used #70 almost every day since I own it. Love love it. It gives me smooth flawless application. 

RE: Re: Sephora Collection Pro Brushes: Your Ultimate Guide to All 30 Vegan Brushes!

I don't see anything that comes even close to being like the Pro DrawingShadow #41 from the \"old\" line of brushes. I have very small hooded eyes and that is the ONLY brush I have ever been able to use to get great detail on darker shades in my outer corner. Please bring that brush back in some version. I only have one have been hunting the internet for another.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • 55.png
  • 64.png
  • 47.png
  • 56.png
  • 70.png
  • 93.png
  • 96.png
  • 99.png
  • 80.png