Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Seeking Becca Primer Replacements

I really love both the First Light and Backlight by Becca, but with them going out of business, does anyone know of similar primers?

BECCA Cosmetics First Light Priming Filter Face Primer First Light Priming Filter Face Primer BECCA Cosmetics Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer 

Re: Seeking Becca Primer Replacements

Would also love recommendations, I'm always hunting for the last few bottles of first light (the purple one) at TJMAXX now that Becca has closed down. 

@patiencefort I haven't tried it, but if you're looking for something with that lavender color (to brighten up the skin, since it purple neutralizes yellow/sallowness) Elf has one as does MUFE MAKE UP FOR EVER Color Correcting Step 1 Primers Yellowness Neutralizer (purple) . Like @PureLovelyTrue mentioned below, Korean makeup has more options in color correcting primers and they are usually more affordable. If you Google "Korean brightening primer" lots of options will come up. Sorry I couldn't give you a more straightforward answer!

I really like a primer from Korea that I buy on Amazon. It's called VDL Lumilayer Primer and is $32.00. I have both Becca primers and I use them both, but I honestly prefer the Lumilayer. It adds the same glow and radiance to my skin and I like how it applies. It does extend the wear of my makeup and blurs my pores, better than the Becca. I have used the Lumilayer primer for a few years now, and have repurchased quite a few times.

If the colors of the Becca primers are important to you, then you may not like the Lumilayer as much. It is a white pearly liquid. On my skin the Backlight doesn't really show color, but the golden one (I don't remember the name) does.

I hope this is helpful!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing