Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Really mature aging skin

I have searched the boards and the majority of “mature skin” posts are 50 and under with wrinkles just starting! 
A section for 65 and over would be fabulous! Advice/ideas on moisturizer, primer then foundation for this age group is sorely needed, along with eye products that do not exaggerate the dang wrinkles by this age most of us have noticeable wrinkles and we know they aren’t going to magically disappear with makeup, but having whatever we put on creasing in the cracks we do have is disgusting. We need help here! 😃 TIA for anyone willing to share their routines and product recs! 

Re: Really mature aging skin

Had forgotten about this question….but it still stands I don’t see any new really useful info, i have taken to mixing moisturizer with foundation to get a little color and try to stay out of the craters! I really don’t understand why all of these products have to have scented masking agents, it just gets worse. These poor girls just look at me like I’m nuts when I say I don’t care how good it is if it has a scent I’m not using it, a migraine ain’t worth it. It would be appreciated if the poster above would share the derms she’s following. Not real sure why at 67 my skin has decided to act up again 🤦🏻‍♀️

@Queenyx5 Sorry I can't help much, my mature skin is only in my 40s.  I think fragrance free is a pretty common request these days and I'm shocked that associates would look at you funny for that request.  Maybe try to find someone in store who is a bit closer to the age range you're looking for?  Though in my opinion a good MUA would be able to help no matter your age.  Maybe a different store?  Have you tried searching for mature skin make up on youtube?  I find some of the people who post on there are very helpful with ideas, though it can be a bit of a rabbit hole. 

Oh.... if you want someone specific to see your post try tagging them using the @ symbol and their user name.  They'll then get a notification by the bell icon that someone had tagged them.

Good luck!

I’m 74 and learn a lot from the dermatologists and makeup artists on uTube.  There’s also plenty of older women that demonstrate how to hide wrinkles, filter, etc.

At nighttime over my moisturizer then i use youth to the people hydrate mask all over my face including undereyes and lids. But for morning moisturize & used saie skin tint then follow make up routine as usual. Doing this i notice my undereyes look and feel more hydrate. Plus i love fenty bright eyes for concealor due to it dries without powder . 

I totally agree with you!  There’s a lot of money to be made by a large reputable beauty brand incorporating at least a skincare line for us “wiser” women.  I follow a few board-certified dermatologists on uTube and am learning a lot.  

Could you share the derms you follow?

Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer is a dream primer under makeup and it plumps the skin as well...

but for something more affordable, Bobbi Brown Mini Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer Moisturizer 0.50 oz/ 15 mL 

Don't limit it to 65 and over some of us 60 yr olds have lines where makeup cakes in the creases to. Help!! And yes I moisturize. 

“Ehh hem!” Some of us 45+ have that same issue. Creasing make up & dark circles, puffy eyes! I also have a Effing Turkey neck!

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing