Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Never-ending Creasing: Help!

No matter what I do, my makeup immediately creases under my eyes and around my mouth. I've tried setting powders (Laura Mercier and Stella), all types of primers (Hourglass Mineral Veil, Smashbox, Too Faced Hangover Replenishing, Becca First Light and Backlight), and setting sprays (Too Faced Hangover, Skindinavia, CoverFX Illuminating, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Mist). I've just stopped wearing concealer because it makes the problem so much worse.

The best solution I've found is using Tarte's Glow Drops mixed with rosehip seed oil, but that only lasts for about two hours before I'm blending out lines again.

I have super dry / dehydrated skin from medication, which I know is part of the problem, but I also have a rigorous face routine with exfoliators, serums, and oils, and I drink lots of water. I'm really struggling here, so any advice you guys could offer would be great!

Never-ending Creasing: Help!

The Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer is really great. I didnt wear make-up for awhile because my under eyes would look so bad until this concealer. I use a very small amount of concealer, blend it out, and then add more wear I need it. This ensures i dont cake to much product on. I look up , go over the under eye with my real techniques sponge, lightly pat the area with my finger, and then i set it immediately. I use the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder or the MUFE Ultra Hd powder. I would try different brushes to set the under eye with. I found that small & fluffy brushes work best for me. I use the Morphe M438 and Morphe M501. I hope this helps.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Never-ending Creasing: Help!

Hey girl ! Due to medication I think it really takes effect on your body. I have some thoughts, 1.  If the Tarte Glow drops mixed with the oil help, I think 2 hours is better then nothing. I dont know if you do this or not but also throughout the day I always take a small powder with me, if I see creasing ,sweat or that my makeup is going off, I always apply powder for a "touch up" on my face. If you do not want to stop using concealer I say this is a good choice to continue.

2. Every ones body is different and Im not sure about your medical problems but some times due to what your body reacts like, many products will just not work. I suggest you keep your skin moisturized and try many more products, the best ones are verryyy pricy but they help tons.  I would just say to keep on moisturizing, try applying setting powder about every half hour, (It wont look clumpy or too much since it may dry out due to it not staying) and if it is a medical issue, you might want to talk to a dermetologist about your creasing. Hope I could help atleast a little bit !

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing