Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Makeup won’t last on my skin! I prep, prime, set…

I have fair/50+ skin that is a bit sensitive (rosacea in early stage, melasma) with some oil in t-zone. I prep: cleanse (gentle), tone, spf (glow recipe), primer (wishful) then I apply the new Lady Gaga foundation usually with a sponge (damp) sometimes a brush. Then set with Charlotte tilbury setting spray. Looks great. Then I’d say within 3-4 hours most of the foundation is mostly not visible on my face. I think I may not be waiting long enough between steps? how many mins between each? Or - is powder the missing element? I was thinking of using a primer for oily skin but I have tried so many… was hoping one for redness might be good - but haven’t found one that makes a difference with the red yet… Thanks! HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica  

Re: Makeup won’t last on my skin! I prep, prime, set…

@Malubulj @maybe it’s the primer, foundation and not setting it with powder giving you issues. 

My skin has been a tad dry so I was avoiding powder but I think I will play around with different primers. I really like the new foundation - it is quick drying which I don’t mind. I love how it is so weightless!

@Malubulj You would only apply the powder where you need it. I have dry combo skin more on the dry side and use Hourglass Mini Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Mini Size Translucent - .07 oz  

@Malubulj not all powders are drying, per se.  I have dry skin but I almost ALWAYS use a powder of some kind; I like both the Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent and the Kosas Cloud Set Baked Setting & Smoothing Talc-Free Vegan Powder for lighter options because they help set but don't look or feel heavy.  Also, have you tried more of a gripping/sticky primer?

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing