Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Makeup breaking up around chin

IMG_1191.jpeg

IMG_1190.jpeg

Hi everyone! I need help. Every time I apply makeup my chin breaks up so bad it’s separates and goes into my pores. I have combo skin sometimes super dry then gets oily through out the day . I always prep my skin with a moisturizer and spf . 

Foundations Iv tried: 

Nars Radiant Longwear Foundation 

Makeup forever undetectable foundation 

with a beauty blender and always set me face with a loose powder 

I have tried silicone primer for just my chin and a Matte foundation and it just keeps getting worse and worse. 

I used the vanicream moisturizer since I have sensitive acne prone skin. Does anyone have any tips that will help? Thank you 

Re: Makeup breaking up around chin

@ellemangi  I won't lie and say I have the perfect, never fail, guaranteed solution for you, sorry! But I do have a few suggestions. Back in 2019, someone else posted about the same issue, and in the reply, another community member recommended Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer. Since I would recommend continuing to try primers, that would be a good place to start. 

I did an additional search for primers for makeup, top-rated, with over 1000 reviews. Here are the top few, all above four stars (please read the reviews, etc., before plunking down your money)

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold 

ILIA True Skin Radiant Priming Serum 1 fl oz/ 30 ml 

Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 

Too Faced Mini Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray 1 oz/ 30 mL(this one brings me to my next suggestion)

Next, you could try a setting spray to help keep your makeup in place. I do like the idea of Too Faced's triple purpose primer, setting spray, and skin refresher, above! Plus it's a mini, so a good trial size. Anyhow, other top-rated setting sprays (using the same criteria as above) are:

Urban Decay All Nighter Vitamin C Hydrating Setting Spray 4 oz / 118 mLand also their non-vitamin C version, which refuses to come up on the hashtag pop-up

MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Dewy Long-Lasting Setting Spray With Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 3.38 oz / ... 

IT Cosmetics Mini It's Your Skin But Better Setting Spray 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Lastly, I'm wondering if you might have better luck using a powder foundation on your chin. You'd need to make sure you moisturized well enough not to look powdered when you first apply it (and a brush will give better application, though you can use a sponge for a heavier layer). But the powder would hold up better if you had a breakthrough oiliness day.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_1191.jpeg
  • IMG_1190.jpeg
testing