Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

I need foundation help. Pleaseeeeeeee

Hi everyone. My skin is normal to dry. I have light skin with freckles.  I’ve been wearing Laura Mercier Flawless fusion Ultra-long wear in Color: 1N2 Vanille - Fair to light with neutral undertones and MAC Pro long wear NW15. I’m on a cancer medication that causes me to sweat a lot during the summer. I’d love to find something that would help with that. I sweat a LOT, whatever You can imagine it’s 100x worse. I’d also love a powder recommendation and advice on how to stop my foundation from cracking after applied. Here’s a few photos of me with makeup and without, The one with makeup in the yellow dress is from last night.

I ran completely out of foundation last night  and would like to buy a few different ones of them. I am open to recommendations from Sephora, The Mall, other department stores and even Walgreens and such. I don’t get out to stores much these days so ordering online is also a good option for me. I’m also needing to buy a new powder and concealer and would love a recommendation for them also. I’m needing a brand and color recommendation for the foundation , concealer and powder. Thank you so much for the help. Lastly, anything a must buy from Sephora right now? Anything on sale that is a great buy? I’ve not really done much shopping this year and need to make a good order.

47B1B7E5-2D75-4617-B477-1D541EED8019.jpeg4F79ADE9-B960-4563-B5EB-2875133B7E64.jpegF5FA9DAE-D935-42C8-AFF9-2A9AC0C46F82.jpeg78DA0B85-2BD2-47C6-9D7B-63932DE33424.jpeg5F819760-C494-4563-AB33-1DBDC35F8EBC.jpeg

Tags:

Re: I need foundation help. Pleaseeeeeeee

Hello @imbeautiful!  First, I'd like to offer my very best wishes for your health.  The Laura Mercier looks really good on you!

Since the foundation you are currently wearing is oil-free, I have a suggestion for a similar type that I have found that works in hot, humid weather, especially with the brand's primer.

#Hourglass Immaculate® Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free foundation, and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is a great combo for your particular set of circumstances.  I have worn this and can say it truly does hold up to sweating.

According to the Find Your Shade link below the foundation shade choices, Sephora matches you with the shade Porcelain.  As this is a light, warm undertone shade, and the shade Pearl is a fair, neutral shade, I think that Pearl looks to be a better match for you according to the swatches on the product's page.

Their Hourglass Mini Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Mini Size Translucent - .07 oz (this is a link to the mini size) is really popular, and pretty.

#Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation is another one that holds up well, as does their #Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Flawless Concealer (I use this most days.) Sephora matches you with the shade 1W0 Warm Porcelain in the foundation, but shade 1N0 is a neutral porcelain. 1N Light would probably be your concealer shade.

I would just stay away from using powder foundations because they will streak with a lot of sweating.

Re: I need foundation help. Pleaseeeeeeee

Awesome, thank you so much! I’ll give these a try for sure. Thank you for the well wishes, ♥️

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos5
  • 78DA0B85-2BD2-47C6-9D7B-63932DE33424.jpeg
  • 47B1B7E5-2D75-4617-B477-1D541EED8019.jpeg
  • F5FA9DAE-D935-42C8-AFF9-2A9AC0C46F82.jpeg
  • 4F79ADE9-B960-4563-B5EB-2875133B7E64.jpeg
  • 5F819760-C494-4563-AB33-1DBDC35F8EBC.jpeg
testing