Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
Anonymous Insider

How to avoid creasing in makeup?

Hello! I have pretty dry fair skin and I've noticed whenever I put on my foundation after a short time it'll always crease around my smile lines and usually underneath my eyes. This has happened with any foundation I use (I currently usually use Fenty Beauty hydrating or Pro Filtr matte) and using primer as a base didn't solve the problem. Is there any way of resolving this problem? Or should I just buy some concealer and try and cover those problem areas?

Re: How to avoid creasing in makeup?

I also have dry fair skin and I’ve found that waiting 5 ish minutes to apply foundation after moisturizer helps a lot. Also, I generally don’t like using a primer, especially with liquid foundation.

Don't forget your SETTING spray and SETTING POWDER-,  that also helps alittle but I'm still experimenting!

Hey BEAUTIFUL,  I have the same challenge often. A consistent skin care routine with exfoliating has helped. I also use an exfoliating moisturizer called CeraVe for my forehead and smile lines morning and night. Primers are annoying for us, but so far I noticed a pore minimizing Hydration primer that is not thick decreases the creases. Look for words like smooth hydrate. I also like this Laura mercier pure canvas primer, I accidentally bought the blurring one, huge mistake because I need the Hydration  however it most definitely stayed smooth longer. The creases take alot of skin care, quality cream cleansers and creame moisturizers,  I love this Brazilian bum bum cream. Think of the crease as a pot hole, pat your coverage gently in those spots alittle more to fill it and let's stay in touch. 💄👠

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing