cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

Finding the right foundation shade

Hi! I’m very new to makeup and was wondering what my foundation shade is. I use Too Faced Born This Way Concealer in shade ‘Snow’. I have combo skin and I’m willing to try any cream or liquid or even stick foundations Thanks!

Re: Finding the right foundation shade

@JessJess487 I wear Snow as well, and here are some of my matches. For reference, I have combo skin and rosacea, and I prefer medium coverage and a natural finish.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Mont Blanc

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation - 115 = R230

HOURGLASS - Illusion® Hyaluronic Skin Tint - Shell

I use the site Findation for recommendations on other shade matches. The more current shades you enter, the more accurate your results.

@Anonymous if you go in to sephora they can color match you and you'll get a code with your shade that will link to your account and automatically give you suggestions. 

If the concealer you are currently using is a good match for you, then you can use the "shade finder" button over the shade options on other foundations and select the concealer brand and shade you are currently using to find a match for that shade, and then go one shade darker with the same undertone (yellow, pink, neutral) to find a foundation match

If you go to look for a foundation on this site they give lots of different filtering options, including skin type, coverage desired, finish (matte, natural, shiny/radiant) ingredient preferences, etc. 

Anonymous Insider

I tried using that but I don’t know if I fall in the light or neutral category, do you think you or someone can help me figure that out please? I’m new to Sephora FYI lol

I am somewhat light medium but sort of leaning more towards the light with neutral undertone 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing