Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Fair-Skinned BB Cream

My face is naturally darker and redder than the rest of my body-- which is eerily pale-- and I can't find any product that actually is light enough to even it out to the rest of my skin.

I've tried many different products, but all of them have proved too dark for me. Those include BB creams and foundations alike, although right now I am looking for something more skincare than makeup (a BB cream, CC cream, or tinted moisturizer). I would prefer if it had SPF in it.

After searching through all the Sephora products that could be possibilities, none of them looked remotely fair enough to fit me. I know that swatches can be different in person, so are there any creams that you can recommend that are extremely fair? Thank you!

Re: Fair-Skinned BB Cream

Like @lachaton mentioned, if you can tell us about the certain products you've used we can help narrow it down. "Pale" tends to mean different shades to different people, so knowing what version you are referring to really helps. Personally, I'm very fair (to the point that majority of foundation lines don't have a shade light enough for me), and I adore Givenchy's Luminescence CC cream, lightest shade. It's my go-to!

Hi @JuminHan!

It would assist if you could let us know which BB creams you've tried that are too dark for you; that way, we have a better sense of your skin tone.

You might also find this thread to be a useful source of information:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Complexion-Club/The-Fair-Pale-Thread/m-p/2281076#M124

But off the top of my head, have you tried It Cosmetics CC Cream in Fair? That's the one I've been wearing for the summer, and I find it light enough for my pale ever-so-slightly-sun-kissed skin 😉 plus it has SPF in it.

https://www.sephora.com/product/your-skin-but-better-cc-cream-with-spf-50-P423423?skuId=1994466&icid...

I used to love the Diorskin Nude BB Cream in 001, but it's harder for me to find now in Canada. But it was lovely, if you can find it!

Have you tried getting color IQ in shop? They do that for free. First time they got it wrong for me (got a bit too dark concealer), but latest recommendations were on the spot for me, and later you can buy the products online that matches your color IQ (and currently all suggestions are perfect or almost perfect matches), also you can go a shade lighter or darker. You need to make sure that they get the neck color as well.

Anyway, there are quite a bit very light shades, but yes, we need to know which ones you tried that were too dark for you.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing