cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Exfoliater with grit

Hello Beautiful people,

The title say she it all what are your recommendations? I’m looking for a physical exfoliate scrub. 

Tags:

Re: Exfoliater with grit

The Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish is my favorite physical exfoliant:

https://www.sephora.com/product/flawless-skin-face-polish-P280925?skuId=1314723&icid2=products%20gri...

The grit is the perfect balance between fine and not too fine. Leaves my skin feeling clean but not overly stripped. Highly recommend! 

Lancer method polish is great, feels like microdermabrasi...

Lancer method polish is great, feels like microdermabrasion. Also ExfoliKate 2 min Hollywood facial as a gentler option. It has a slightly warming sensation.

Lancer The Method: Polish is a super fine physical scrub, probably the smoothest grit I've ever felt for a physical exfoliant. For my wet lab people, the texture almost reminds me of the super fine silica used for DNA extraction...

Or, and I can't believe I didn't think of this first, Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion. Rice powder based, this is my personal fave if I'm going to use a physical vs chemical exfoliant. 

That's the first description that's made me seriously con...

That's the first description that's made me seriously consider buying this 🔬

Personally, I've found the OH to be way too harsh for my skin. I prefer Philosophy's Microdelivery wash. It's got grit, but it's still fairly gentle and good for daily use. 

I prefer chemical exfoliation these days, but I do like Kiehl's Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion.

@txcatx I haven’t heard of the Kiehls product I’ll have to check that out. Do you see different results from the chemical exfoliant? 

@BeautyWonder I find chemical exfoliating products a lot more gentle and a bit more effective. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peels (extra strength for me) is my favorite. I don't use them every day, but maybe once a week or so. After I've had a cold or bad allergies, the peels immediately remove the flaky skin from my nose!

the grittiest options are: Ole Henriksen Walnut Scrub Dr....

the grittiest options are: Ole Henriksen Walnut Scrub Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Pacifica Glow Baby Pacifica is the cheapest at $14 but I'll tell you now that it's a sneaky dupe for the Ole H scrub - ends up being the same price when you break down weight. I too would go with the Ole scrub personally!

Re: the grittiest options are: Ole Henriksen Walnut Scrub Dr....

@Alicehoopz  I received a sample of the OH and I enjoyed it. Thanks for the suggestion 

Hi, @BeautyWonder. I really like OLEHENRIKSEN Transforming Walnut Scrub. The only downside is that it smells like liquid Benadryl to me. Some reviews do say it smells amazing, so I guess its scent is pretty subjective. Anyway, it's a pretty great product and makes my skin feel nice and smooth. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/transforming-walnut-scrub-P42318?skuId=1910538&icid2=products%20grid...

@lmi82 Lucky for me I got a sample of this the last time I was at Sephora and I do like it!

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing