Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

Does anyone own/use multiple foundations?

I was wondering if anyone owns/used multiple foundations, do you like some for a more "everyday" wear as opposed to a longer wear? I work 10hr days and need a good long wear foundation, but ocasionally when i go out I want something lightweight. I've tried Too Faced Born This Way and it was great but I dont really see the need to only have full coverage for everything. suggestions?

Re: Does anyone own/use multiple foundations?

I rotate between 3 different products (depending on season, and the amount of coverage I want).

I use MUFE for a full coverage look, IT Cosmetics for running errands/more natural look, and the LM usually in the summer.

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Medium

LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20

RE: Does anyone own/use multiple foundations?

I definitely have and use multiple foundations. I like the fenty one for a more full coverage, slap it on quick and go, look. The Guerlain Lingerie De Peau is a really nice, medium, natural finish but definitely not long lasting. For a stick foundation I have the Tarte stick and the CoverFX Click sticks for on the go. Stellar Limitless and Smashbox Hydrating Longwear are more my everyday though. They’re both more lightweight, while still providing good coverage. They take a little bit longer to apply because if I do have a breakout I know I’m gonna want concealer as well. And the color match unfortunately isn’t perfect so I’ve really got to blend. But they last all day and are no fuss.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Does anyone own/use multiple foundations?

i do have different brands like MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation - Y375because it has a lot of coverage and i tend to break out a lot and the other one is a drug store brand i also have multiple concealers lol i like having different types of makeup brands on my face everyday

Re: RE: Does anyone own/use multiple foundations?

Hi @Anonymous,

I use so many foundations! I like lighter weight foundations like the Make Up For Ever Water Blend Foundation for running errands and simply evening out my skin tone. I love my Lancome Teint Idole Foundation for when I am in the office working as it lasts all day and provides medium to full coverage. I would check these two foundations out to see how you like them. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Absolutely! I like as little on my face as possible at work, so I normally pat on some Glossier Skin Tint and undereye concealer. I use L’Oreal Pro-Glow with a sponge if my rosacea is flaring and I want a light-medium coverage, and Make Up For Ever Invisible Cover if I want medium that can build to high-medium. 

@Anonymous,

I was just thinking about this today! I have a few that I end up rotating however, the one that I used today is going to be my winter foundation. I noticed that it is too light for my skin now. I wear the Cover Fx foundation drops G40+ in the winter and G50+ in the summer. I also wear the Fenty foundation in shade 350 which is a perfect match for me now. I have medium skin with warm/olive undertones.

❤️ Melissa

@Anonymous- omg - I have tons because my skin acts differently on different days plus I also want different levels of coverage;; my skin oil varies also and I have a huge collection of primers as well.  In my rotation right now are Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear (the liquid and the stick), Bobby Brown Skin, Chanel Aqua Lumiere Velvet, Cover FX Natural Finish, Smashbox Studio Skin, Laniege BB Cushion Pore Blur, and Sephora Matte Perfection Powder Foundation.  I'm high maintenance - I live with it and accept it!

Yes, it can get expensive! As mentioned by others you can "thin" a full coverage with moisturizer and also use a beauty blender for sheerer coverage.

@Emanate

I have 4 foundations that I rotate. 

I have two full coverage LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation

And Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazel

though I've come to much prefer the Lancome to Estee. I see anywhere from 10-20 clients/day and I can't worry about whether my face is breaking apart or if my foundation is going to rub off if I hug a client. So those are my go-to's. 

If I'm attending a wedding or special event and I want my make up to look super flawless yet barely there, then I reach for La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation SPF 20 150 Natural - Very Light Skin with Neutral Undertone

It's just flawless. Then finally if i'm just doing errands I dab on some FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair® Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

I’m mostly a skin tint kind of person. Actually, I rarely wear even that: I usually just pop concealer onto specific areas and completely skip foundation/skin tint. So it’s funny how much of this stuff I own. 😄 I wear skin tints mostly to balance out my skin tones a bit, or at least blur the lines between them. I like natural and “radiant” finishes much more than matte because my combo skin’s mostly on the dry side. Skin tints give me the finish I like. 

D8A01468-C542-4F1E-9AF2-8A2521B148F1.jpeg

The 3 on the bottom left are skin tints. I know the first 2 are marketed as foundations, but they apply sheer on me. (I can build them up but never do.) I wear these tints far more often than the foundations. I’m really impressed by the MUFE Ultra HD Perfector: I didn’t think anything could equal my tried and true Skin Feels Good, but I was wrong—and it adapts even better to my skin tone. 

The rest are true foundations. I love the compact version of Lancôme Teint Idole (Teint Idole Ultra Cushion) and keep hearing rumors that it’s being discontinued. 😞 It’s the one I usually reach for if I want full, long wearing coverage. I’m less a fan of the Teint Idole stick, but it’s convenient to carry around for touch ups. 

I’m not super crazy about the MUFE Matte Velvet finish. I’d try the natural finish Ultra HD foundation instead (especially since MUFE’s having a 25% off sale right now), but since it’s a sheer to medium foundation, well... I can already get that coverage with the Ultra HD Perfector, which costs less per milliliter. I still want to try it, so I might get a Sephora sample to play with. 

@WinglessOne - Could you tell me a bit more about the MUFE HD Perfector? I luv the Lancome Skin Tint, so you words have intrigued me 🙂 How is the finish of the MUFE compared to Lancome? You mentioned that the MUFE adapts even better to your skintone. Do you mean that it's a better color match, or is that something about the MUFE formula just makes it more adaptable? 

@gymgirl2 I was going to wait til tomorrow to answer this, so I could take some face swatch photos in sunlight. It’s a bit complicated to explain because I have multiple skin tones plus some hyperpigmentation on my face. Skin Feels Good in Sweet Honey is fantastic over the lighter, more yellow tones in the middle of my face. Sunny Amber sometimes works for the darker tones along my hairline and on my forehead—but it’s much too dark everywhere else, and it only works at all in the summer when I’ve tanned a bit. I can make Sweet Honey work everywhere if I warm up my darker areas and hyperpigmentation with bronzer. 

HD Perfector in shade 9 works everywhere. It looks almost exactly like Sweet Honey when first applied, but somehow it adapts to my darker areas. You can still see them, of course, but HD Perfector looks better over them: no ashy or greenish gray overtone. Not that Sweet Honey looks terrible over them—it doesn’t. HD Perfector just looks better. 

Both skin tints have a nice blurring effect. Skin Feels Good is more dewy/radiant than HD Perfector, which just gives me a natural skin finish. Both feel light and comfy on my skin. HD Perfector has no fragrance, unlike Skin Feels Good. It’s also a bit watery when I squeeze it out of the tube, so I always shake it up first. I wouldn’t wear either of these products if I had a face full of oily skin, because both of them have trouble with my oily nose. But a little setting powder helps them both in that area. I don’t set either of them anywhere else on my face. 

I’d say it’s worth trying a sample of HD Perfector, if you’re curious. 🙂 I suspect more folks will be able to find a shade of this that works for them, compared to Skin Feels Good which really needs a shade expansion at both ends of the skin tone spectrum. 

@WinglessOne - Thank you for the info! I think I will get a sample of the MUFE. I've been wanting something less radiant, and the MUFE sounds perfect. Fingers crossed they'll be a color-match.

I love the IT Cosmetics CC cream for everyday use - it fits into my three minute makeup routine in the morning. However for nights out, I prefer to use the Hourglass Vanish stick - but it requires a bit more time to apply and blend. 

@Emanate - Oh yeah, I definitely have a few different foundations depending on the event. My absolute favorite foundation is the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 8.75. The finish is stunning, very soft-focus luminous and wears nicely on my dry skin; however it's too full-coverage for everyday wear. For everyday/workday, I like either the DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation or the Lancôme SKIN FEELS GOOD Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 23 16C Real Suede. The Dior is more satin-matte while the Lancome is more luminous, almost dewy.

If you want more skincare w/ some slight color-correction and sheer coverage, the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 fl. oz/ 50 mL is also a good one.

Yes! I use NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz most days. But if I'm looking splotchy and want more coverage, I reach for Hourglass Vanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick 5 Shell. I feel like those two products are so easy to use--I just use my fingers for the tinted moisturizer or I'll dab on the stick foundation and blend it out quickly with a brush. Much easier to me than applying a liquid foundation, though when I feel like doing a full, fancy face, I use GIVENCHY - Teint Couture Long-Wearing Fluid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20.

I have a cc cream that I use every day and than a moderate coverage foundation I use for more special events.

@Emanate Definitely. Not only to wear separately, but also to mix together. I know, that sounds like a bad idea, right? Some actually play extremely well together and give me the best of several worlds. 

For example, I’ll blend different foundations together to:

-achieve custom shades throughout the seasons

-create a slightly more matte version of a hydrating foundation (and vice versa)

-increase or decrease coverage slightly

-increase the nourishing properties of a foundation by adding a BB cream-type foundation

My favourite foundations to blend together (and also wear separately) include:

LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation 

DR. JART+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45

Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 8.75

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 460

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation

If you’re interested in creating your own foundation blends, I highly recommend these lovely little containers Sephora sells that are perfect for keeping very small batches fresh:

0B5E7CB8-902C-4101-B009-FAB9CBAE7123.jpeg

(I’m inserting a photo because I can’t tag them for some reason.)

@Anonymous I have a “foundation wardrobe” depending on the look I’m going for/time of year. Different shades/coverage/finishes. 

C9BAE731-281D-4C26-8724-1269BA684538.jpeg

@Anonymous I mix my foundations everyday that I wear makeup.  I like mixing Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder, La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation, and Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer for the perfect luminous glow.  Sometimes I will switch one of the foundations for other foundations I have but I usually mix 3 total.

Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 48 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
Photos3
  • C9BAE731-281D-4C26-8724-1269BA684538.jpeg
  • 0B5E7CB8-902C-4101-B009-FAB9CBAE7123.jpeg
  • D8A01468-C542-4F1E-9AF2-8A2521B148F1.jpeg
testing