cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Concealers for Pale, Creasy Undereyes

Hey guys!

I'm on the hunt for an undereye concealer.

My skin is very fair and also dry and dehydrated from medication, so almost everything I've tried creases terribly. Powdering my undereyes is no longer an option because it makes things infinitely worse. I also use Clinique Pep-Start, which helps marginally. Also, all primers are a no go.

Most concealers are far too thick and gooey and tend to just make a mess under my eyes. So far, only two have remotely worked: Laura Mercier Candleglow Concealer and Flower Beauty Light Illusion Concealer. However, the Laura Mercier is very sheer and doesn't do much, and the Flower Beauty is too dark and has a greyish-pink undertone, which does not work with my fair neutral-yellow skin.

Thoughts on what else to try? Any suggestions are welcomed!

Concealers for Pale, Creasy Undereyes

without a doubt - try First Aid beauty avacado concealer!!!

Re: Concealers for Pale, Creasy Undereyes

Seems to be a popular suggestion -- can't wait to try it! Thanks!

I'm very pale (MUFE Y205, Sephora Color IQ 1Y01) with dry under eyes and I have a very extra 3 step concealer routine lol.

I use the RMS BEAUTY - Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation - 000 as a tinted hydrating base for my concealer. The lightest shade is very fair and neutral. 

Second I use the URBAN DECAY - Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer - Fair Neutral because it is very thin and hydrating. It's not thick at all and easy to blend. Sometimes I leave it here depending on how much coverage I want. The naked skin concealer is a great natural texture, but it has minimal coverage.

Third, I mix in some Colourpop concealer in the lightest shade (not the white one, the lightest skintone shade). It is a thicker formula so you'll want to use just a dot or two. it is also VERY light. As fair as I am, it would be too light to use on it's own. But it lightens up the UD concealer which is a smidge too dark.

That's my usual routine, but I just bought the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Bendy Avocado Concealer - Fair and it is also a nice moist texture. It's a little thicker than the UD concealer so it has more coverage on it's own. The Fair shade is too dark for me to use on it's own, but if the Laura Mercier shade works for you then this one might too.

If you are interested in any of those I can provide swatches! 

Thanks for the comprehensive list of suggestions as well as the info about your routine -- this is great! The RMS is something I've been meaning to try and I have the Urban Decay Naked Concealer on the way. Also, everyone seems to be raving about the FAB concealer, so I'm really excited to give it whirl!

No need for swatches, but thanks for offering! You've been a big help.

Tarte Aquacealer, lightly set with By Terry Hyalorunic Hydra Powder, has yielded the best results for me so far. It's more on the liquidy/serumy side, but all thicker fuller coverage concealers I've tried (shape tape, mufe, both nars ones, kvd) age my under eye pretty badly (and I'm in my 20s).

Thanks for the suggestion! 

Check out Hello Fab Avocado Bendy Concealer as well. I've been using it for a few days  now and so far so good - didn't set it at all today and no major creases. 

Like the other posts, I recommend Nars brand - Radiant Creamy Concealer

Sadly, the Nars Radiant Concealer is the perfect example of something I can’t use. It’s just too thick and settles into the fine lines around my eyes.

NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Vanilla is my go to!! I have combination/mostly oily Scandinavian (aka incredibly pale) skin and it's the best under-eye concealer I've ever used. Not too thick but plenty of coverage for my dark circles. I'll never use anything else!

Oh! Someone has suggested this to me before, it’s nice to have this corroborated. I’ll have to check it out, thanks!

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing