Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Community Favorite Concealers: Tag your Holy Grails!

Community Favorite ConcealersCommunity Favorite Concealers

Even though we’re always looking for an excuse to add more makeup newness to our baskets, there’s something to be said about a makeup product that can serve double (or triple!) duty. And dare we say it? Concealer might just be the ultimate multitasking MVP. Need to brighten dark circles? Concealer is your shining ray of hope. Looking to shape and define? Concealer is ready to get you looking snatched. Blemishes or discoloration? Concealer’s got you covered, naturally!

While our complexion routines may evolve over the years to suit the latest beauty trends or adjust to our unique skin needs, concealer always seems to find a place in our makeup rotation. Let’s give a shout-out to some of our tried-and-true Community Favorites:

Now it’s your turn to share your own concealer favorites! Reply below and use the “#” sign to tag your concealer holy grails – and don’t forget to share any tips and tricks to go with them!

Re: Community Favorite Concealers: Tag your Holy Grails!

Armani Beauty Power Fabric + Longwear Matte Concealer has been my favorite for years. It’s so nice under the eyes, provides medium coverage and never looks dry or accentuates texture. A more recent favorite is the ROSE INC Softlight Clean Dewy Hydrating Concealer in LX 010. It only matches me in the winter, but it’s great as a full coverage/ color correcting brightener on the red areas in the center of my face. It’s good under the eyes, but I still prefer the Armani for that because it is more invisible, and I don’t need full coverage there. Unfortunately the darker Rose Inc shades don’t work on me in the summer, they are either to pink or peach. 

@playingdressup I liked the Rose inc but couldn't find a good shade match. Hopefully they release a wider range in the future.

CLINIQUE Even Better™ All-Over Concealer + Eraser 

I find that this is smooth and not irritating for my sensitive combination skin! This is the best concealer I've found for both covering my under-eye area and blemishes; it's the only one I use! I love the little sponge this comes with inside the cap, which I use for spot concealing. 

Hourglass Vanish™ Airbrush Concealer is my go-to! It doesn't crease, lasts all day and is so hydrating for my dry skin!

Nars is awesome 🤩 

NARS creamy is definitely the best for me, it’s a bit dry but I honestly don’t mind  NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer 

been loving the Dior Backstage Concealer 0N it applies so smooth which I love, not cakey whatsoever. definitely would consider it a holy grail product

My HG is not carried at Sephora. It is by Cle De Peau. My favorite from Sephora is NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.

My holy grail (which in my opinion is SO UNDERRATED) is the Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Concealer - I am a medium to full coverage girl. I wear a full face often but like a concealer I can blend out on my no makeup makeup days without buying 2 different concealers. This concealer is so smooth, so skin-like, no creasing, beautiful set or not set with powder, it makes me look like I got a full nights rest + did ALL of my skincare. On my no makeup days I slap it on to color correct with a Beautyblender Beautyblender® pro one pro beautyblender and it is so gorgeous. My former grails (for reference) - Hourglass Vanish™ Airbrush Concealer NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra Longwear Concealer - this shiseido one is less coverage than these, but with how gorgeous the wear is, you truly do not need it. Any concealer junkies like me - TRY IT, you’ll be in heaven. (My only beef is it is tiny - still worth it)

I will definitely have to try this, I have bad dark circles and with my bone structure, I just have hollow under eyes period. There’s no way to get around it except if I got fillers, so I have been looking and searching my whole life for a concealer that will help so I can play with the light and dark contrast and try to hide my horrible under eyes so thank you for this because I didn’t know about this one and maybe, just maybe…it’s the one! 🤷🏻‍♀️

I have very dry skin but let me tell you.. NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer is full coverage , light weight, AND doesn’t dry out my skin. It delivers such a natural finish too. 

second fav concealer is Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat All-Over Brightening Concealer Pen  is because of how brightening it is and how full coverage it is as well. Super creamy and light. 

last fav is the #dior hydrating concealer. I’m giving it last place because it’s too heavy but it’s super hydrating and is full coverage. 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer I’ve been using this for years, it’s the absolute best! 

Dior Backstage Concealer 3N my fave! I use a concealer brush for best results. Doesn’t settle into fine lines. 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is the best concealer out there! Not dry or oily, great coverage, and long lasting. Been my holy grail since I started wearing makeup!

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer  is my go to and has been for years! Is really really good on mature skin and doesn’t dry up causing the wrinkles to crinkle!

My newest holy grail is the LYS Beauty Triple Fix Brightening Concealer ! Not only is it super lightweight and full coverage but the ingredients are insane for under the eye. I have never tried a concealer that has had Turmeric, Ashwagandha, Squalene AND Watermelon Extract. And get this, it’s only $18.

def Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid Tone 6.5 O so nice and fully covers my under eyes. also a fan of the tarte Shape Tape™ Concealer so lightweight and def full coverage.

#CharlotteTilbury concealer if my favorite

Tags:

Tried & Trues:

Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Liquid Concealer Dulce de Leche 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Caramel 

These two are it for me.  The Jouer is underrated in my opinion, my only complaint is the shade range isn't there.  But this is a great concealer.  It ticks all boxes for me - coverage, undereye, stand in for foundation, touch up.  Nars was my favorite until I found Jouer.  (I still pick up Nars too, old habits die hard).

Honorable mentions:

Dior Backstage Concealer - I've only swatched this.  I really like the coverage on it, and it's a little thinner than my go-tos.

NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer - This doesn't move once it is down.

Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Concealer Pen - This is a cream version of my fave, I use it to clean up my brows vs the liquid one more often.

My all-time FAVORITE concealer is the Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid Tone 4.5 N . It looks like my skin and feels like nothing (and it's clean). Doesn't break me out either! Highly highly recommend!

My absolute favourite concealer is the Lise Watier Portfolio Professional Correctors in the Original group of colors. It was a bit intimidating at first using the variety of colors like violet and green but once you get the hang of layering the shades, it completely hides under eye circles and brightens, hides red spots etc. It’s my go to!

testing