Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Community Favorite Concealers: Tag your Holy Grails!

Community Favorite ConcealersCommunity Favorite Concealers

Even though we’re always looking for an excuse to add more makeup newness to our baskets, there’s something to be said about a makeup product that can serve double (or triple!) duty. And dare we say it? Concealer might just be the ultimate multitasking MVP. Need to brighten dark circles? Concealer is your shining ray of hope. Looking to shape and define? Concealer is ready to get you looking snatched. Blemishes or discoloration? Concealer’s got you covered, naturally!

While our complexion routines may evolve over the years to suit the latest beauty trends or adjust to our unique skin needs, concealer always seems to find a place in our makeup rotation. Let’s give a shout-out to some of our tried-and-true Community Favorites:

Now it’s your turn to share your own concealer favorites! Reply below and use the “#” sign to tag your concealer holy grails – and don’t forget to share any tips and tricks to go with them!

Re: Community Favorite Concealers: Tag your Holy Grails!

My favorite concealers are NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer and Dior Backstage Concealer 2CR. Both have medium-full coverage and last all day on my combination oily skin.

My current fave is Dior Dior Forever Skin Correct Full-Coverage Concealer -- in fact, lately some strategically-placed concealer has totally replaced my pre-pandemic full-face routine. I also love PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Concealer when I need a little extra help -- it is unmatched when it comes to coverage! When I'm going for bright and glowy, I'm a big fan of the classic Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat High Cover Radiant Under-Eye Concealer

What nEw concealers should I try next? When I get through my current stash, I'm curious to test out the ever-popular Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid (love a concealer-skincare hybrid), HUDA BEAUTY #FauxFilter Matte Buildable Coverage Waterproof Concealer, and of course, SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Full Coverage Multi-Use Hydrating Concealer!

@AlexBT Yes to strategically placed concealer!

@Nahnom Good to know about the Kosas! Guess I'll have to go in-store and play with some in person...

@284748929273 I've heard great things about both so far!! Thanks for sharing your faves ❤️

I am deeply devoted to my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

My favourite for 2022 has been ROSE INC Softlight Clean Dewy Hydrating Concealer - I've seen mixed feelings on this one, but it's so hydrating and gorgeous for me. It's easy to overdo, though - a tiny little bit goes such a long way.

Before that, fav spot went to Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Natural Beige 

Lastly, I just got a sample of the new Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium to Full Coverage Radiant Concealer with Hyaluronic Acid 4.5 and I've really been liking it! It has a very natural finish, with beautiful coverage.

I used to be a devout Armani Power Fabric concealer user (which is still a fabulous concealer).  I started using Charlotte Tilbury's Radiant Concealer and it is incredible.  My new ride or die.  Full coverage, creamy, blendable and looks like skin.  Its undetectable.  So So good.  Highly recommend.

Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium to Full Coverage Radiant Concealer with Hyaluronic Acid 4.5  Armani Beauty Power Fabric + Longwear Matte Concealer 

#diorforeverskincorrectconcealer

Hourglass Vanish Concealer is my HG! I love to wear it on no makeup days. I use Pearl to cover any blemishes and my dark circles and it blends out like a dream. Honestly I’ve never been impressed by any other concealer except Hourglass. I highly recommend!

I'm not going to lie, I've been reaching for my go-to concealers for a veryyyy long time. It's hard for me to switch over or even try anything new due to the number of back-ups I have of these. One of my favorites has been discontinued and I'm on my last backup, sadly.

Discontinued: Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlight 

I truly think I'd give up most beauty products to get this one back. This was the absolute perfect eye concealer I've ever had a chance to experience. If you know, you know. 

tarte Shape Tape™ Concealer I've been using this concealer since it first dropped and received it's high praises via internet hype. I still reach for this regularly as a face concealer, I avoid this on my eye area. It's great for full coverage.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eye Concealer. I've loved this drug store find for way over a decade now, since the Tatcha discontinued I've reached back for this as a more light-weight coverage for the delicate eye area.

The Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Warm Sand has worked extremely well for me. They offer many different shades and it actually matches my undertone, unlike many other concealers. Because it is so full coverage, I have a lot more control over how I want to use it based on what kind of look I'm going for. 

I really like tarte Shape Tape™ Concealer as well, great coverage and a lower price point (it literally lasts forever). However, I feel that it can be a little drying depending on what other products you use with it (like setting powder).

Overall, both of them have a variety of shades and match your undertone pretty well and barely have any flash-back in pictures. You can use it for everyday wear because it doesn't look cakey but you can also do full glam with them!

IMG_4042.jpg

@zabint Beautiful! I also love the Born This Way line. I'm curious to see how the new Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Light Illuminating Smoothing Concealer compares!

Concealer is one of those products where I feel like I keep trying everything new that comes out in hopes of a miracle. 

Some of my favorites are...

Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid 

Dior Backstage Concealer 2N 

This isn't really a trick, but the main thing that I have found to help is using less! I used to dab so much product under my eyes, but that made for inevitable creasing and cakiness. 

@PrettyPaint  That Dior backstage is beautiful on!  I have samples of the Kosas I should test out before the sale.  I’m almost afraid to cause my sale list is getting quite long and Kosas has been releasing pretty reliable products across the board.  

My ‘trick’ is to apply concealer with my fingertips.  It seems to meld into my skin better.  I then take a sponge to ‘perfect’ the finish. 

@heartsmyface  I actually tried applying it with my fingers today, and I really liked the finish. Thank you! 🙂  Do you use a setting powder for your under eyes? That's my battle. I feel like powder can be drying and I haven't found one that I love for under my eyes. If I don't set it, though, I feel like my liner gets too smeary. 

@PrettyPaint Have you tried the Westman Atelier powder? I dislike most powders under the eyes but have had good luck with this one.

@PrettyPaint  Oh yay, I’m glad it’s working for you!!    Fingers are sometimes the best tools:).
I usually use the same damp beauty blender I use to apply my wet base.  I pour a little setting powder onto a surface and dip the sponge in it, then I blot the powder off onto the back of my hand until it seems to coat my hand evenly and sheerly, THEN I apply what powder is left on the sponge to my undereyes.  It’s the only way I can get my undereyes set evenly without a powdery appearance.  Applying powder directly doesn’t really work well for me.  

testing