cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

Cakey Makeup !!

hey guys !! so i have normal, prettttty clear skin for the most part. however i simply cant find a way to make my foundation less cakey !!! i like using full coverage foundations (ex: maybelline matte & poreless, nyx, wet n wild photo focus) but i cant never find a way to make my pores stick out on my nose & face. alSO, i wear glasses occasionally & it ALWAYS comes off. any suggestions??

RE: Cakey Makeup !!

I might have some ideas to help. First of all, I would recommend using the lightest coverage you can get away with. If you want to use very full coverage I would recommend applying with a clean brush (brushes that have old makeup on them will have a less consistent application). Use a small amount and focus where you need the most coverage. Stippling will be a heavier application technique vs buffing which will be a sheerer technique. Once you’ve applied the foundation take a damp beauty blender or beauty sponge and press the foundation into your skin. This may lift some coverage, but you can always add back later if needed. Once you’ve pressed it in, repeat the steps to build the coverages as needed. Last, set with a light dusting of powder press the powder in with the beauty blender, and spray with setting spray. Think of it as building layers slowly (compare to nail polish if you put one thick gloppy coat it never looks as nice as 2-3 thin coats). I hope this helps!
Anonymous Insider

Re: Cakey Makeup !!

I have used the both of those foundations, and noticed myself looking cakey too. I also have very clear and smooth skin and these foundations rubbed off and looked gross on me. I would try using a moisturizer before primer and use a primer that is pore minimizing. If that doesn't help with your current foundation, then I would switch foundations (the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation looks so amazing on my skin). After foundation I would try using a light translucent powder to set and then spray with a setting spray. I have oily but clear and smooth skin, and my face makeup routine is moisturizing with an acne prevention moisturizer, priming with the Benefit Professional, applying the Born This Way foundation with a damp beauty blender, concealing with the Tarte Shape Tape, baking my concealer with the Makeup Revolution Luxury Baking Powder with my sponge, setting the rest of my face with Tarte powder, and setting it all with the Mario Badescu Rose Water spray. Hope this helps!!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing