Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Bring on the DEW!

I wanted to have a post dedicated to products designed to give you that "glass skin” glow. Everything from foundation to eyeshadow, post your favorites and recommendations!

J.ONE - Red Jelly Pack- a very moisturizing moisturizer/primer that keeps your skin hydrated under makeup

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4 - Medium- great for a subtle glow that can be used under and/or over foundation

KEVYN AUCOIN - Glass Glow Face Liquid Highlighter- glass skin in a tube. It stays a little tacky but it's so beautiful and juicy on your cheeks. If you use just the tiniest bit, you can use it on your eyes on its own for a slight sheen with minimal creasing.

NUDESTIX - Nudies Bloom All Over Dewy Color- a luminous cream blush in a stick. It doesn't dry down all the way but if you apply to your hand then to your face with a brush or sponge it's not sticky.

RMS BEAUTY - Living Luminizer and RMS BEAUTY - Magic Luminizer- barely there cream highlighters for a subtle glossy glow.

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator-although it looks white, it's pretty much translucent with a slight champagne tone once you blend it out.

TARTE - babassu foundcealer™ skincare foundation SPF 20-although not very longwearing, it's one of the prettiest glossy/glowy foundations I've tried.

Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow Reflect- a slight layer of this eyeshadow will give a glossy eye effect.

Many powder products can also give a dewy effect, especially those with a baked gelee formula like CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Glowgasm Face Palette and NARS - Highlighting Powder.

Some glowy products I'm dying to try are

-Danessa Myricks Illuminating Veil as well as her Wet Balm.

-KOSAS - Color & Light: Crème Cream Blush & Highlighter Duo and Kosas Tinted Face Oil Comfy Skin Tint Tone 05

-Charlotte Tilbury Superstar Lips

-MILK MAKEUP - Lip + Cheek

-VDL Luminizing Cushion Primer and the LongLasting Foundation

-SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Lacquer Long-Lasting Lipstick 12 Be The BossSEPHORA COLLECTION - Cream Lip Shine

-Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Highlighter Wand Peachgasm

-NATASHA DENONA - Face Glow Foundation

Re: Bring on the DEW!

What a great thread! I love the glass skin trend and I'm trying to achieve it with just skincare (serums, sheet masks, essence, etc..), but we all need a little help. For that glossy, glass skin look, I use the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold

It's the best primer to use for a glass skin look. <333

@PenelopeBT I haven't tried this one! I might have to get a sample next time I'm in store since you love it so much ❤️

@makeitup305  What a great idea for a thread!

The VDL Luminizing Cushion Primer and Perfect Lasting Foundation are gorgeous separately and together!  Unfortunately, the shade choices weren't good for me in the foundation and I didn't think it lasted very well once applied.

I recently tried my first face mask, Leaders Moisturizing Instant Recovery Mask.  Initially, it took 1.5 hours for my face to absorb the leftover serum (or else it evaporated,) and my skin felt tight afterwards, but a little irritated.  

I applied Herbivore's Emerald Oil on top of my skin after the mask and went to bed.  

The next morning, I couldn't get over how smooth and clear my skin was!  And it stayed that way for a couple of days.  I may get hooked on facial masks yet.

41aa-MJh2bL.jpg

@Ispend2much6 I've really really wanted to try both of those VDL products. I'm just waiting for my next Ulta coupon 😛 I haven't tried any of the masks from Leaders either.

For a dewy non-shimmery glow: Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml or COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL Since I don’t wear foundation, I rely on those products when I want a natural glow. 

Shimmery but not in-your-face-glittery glow: NARS - Highlighting Powder, certain shades of Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Finishing Powder Dim Light MILK MAKEUP Holographic Stick Stardust and a couple products that glow up my skin tone(s): NARS Blush in Taj Mahal and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Vivid Flush (this year’s Lunar New Year shade). 

A bit more shimmery: the cream glow bases in Natasha Denona Bloom Cheek Palette 0.48 oz/ 13.7 g and Natasha Denona Diamond & Blush Palette Citrus

For eyes, 2 items from Pat McGrath Labs eye kits: Astral White Pigment for a subtler sparkly iridescence, and Cyber Clear Eye Gloss for glossy iridescence. The latter gives more of a dewy glow effect than the former. 

@makeitup305 @Great thread !!

How do Kevin Aucoin highlighter with RMS luminizers compare in your experience? Similar effects and application?

@naturalooks15 I think the RMS are a little less intense/glossy than the Kevyn Aucoin. They also apply more like a balm while the KA has more tack to it. Intensity wise, I’d say it's Living Luminizer < Magic Luminizer < Glass Glow.

On a side note though, I think the KA is a better buy because you get more product, it's more sanitary and it'll probably last longer without spoiling. All my RMS products have gone bad after about a year and a half I think, likely to due the fact that they're coconut oil based. I love them but don't want to repurchase right now since I have so much stuff I can't possibly get to finish them before they expire. I might pick up the RMS BEAUTY - Signature Set Mod Collection Since it's got a bunch of their products all in one.

@makeitup305 I like adding MAC strobe cream, Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40mLNARS - Super Radiant Booster and mix it into my foundation

sometimes I will spray Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist 1.35 oz/ 40 mLFARSÁLI - Rose Gold 24K Skin Mist for extra glow 

@SportyGirly125 I always forget to put on setting spray. I bought the Catrice Dewy Setting Spray since it had great reviews and was cheap and I've remembered to use it once ( bought it in February -___- ). I rarely set my face with powder or use matte foundations though so that's probably why. Does the Wonderglow give a similar effect as the Flawless Filter? I have the BECCA - Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer but I haven't used it in forever!

@makeitup305 I would say its a different glow. It’s not as noticeable but then again I don’t mix a it in my foundations and haven’t tried it just by itself. 

Bring on the DEW!

The right skincare products can do magic on matte foundations if you want a dewy look! I'm in love with Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream, and paired with The Silk Canvas Primer it's amazing. I don't use setting spray, it's more like a face mist, it's the Fresh Vitamin Glow, super nourishing for the skin and great glow!

@louannerioux I really really want to try that Tatcha cream, I'm just trying to work through all my skincare first but I’ve played with it in store and it feels amazing. 

A surprising favourite of mine has been fresh FreshFace Instant Glow Luminizer Starlight

It gives me the glow i’m looking for with or without wearing foundation. 

@GG84 I've never heard of it! I definitely have to get a sample next time I'm in store.

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 36 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • 41aa-MJh2bL.jpg
testing