From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Best tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin?

Hi,

My skin is sensitive with patches of dry skin and I have had negative reactions to some skincare products in the past. I am looking for a tinted moisturizer with only sheer/light coverage that makes the skin look natural but a bit dewy or radiant. I am considering these options, but I'm not sure which one would be best:

1. Bareminerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Illuminating

3. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

4. YSL Top Secrets CC Cream Color Correcting Primer SPF 35 (Rose)

Thank you 🙂

Re: Best tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin?

@julia19lucy BareMinerals Complexion Rescue is a lovely product, I really like it. It's definitely hydrating so you shouldn't have any issues in your dry spots and the finish is  quite radiant. It's sheer but it covers up any redness and evens out skin tone well. I find it doesn't oxidize either. I haven't tried the YSL but I have tried NARS and that leans really warm (even the "cool" shades), so if you're fair or even just cool/neutral you might have shade issues. The Laura Mercier is nice for coverage as well, but it's a bit thicker and I think it smells like sunscreen, where the bareMinerals does not.

RE: Re: Best tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin?

I have read many reviews about the Bareminerals complexion rescue and it seems like a great product! I also heard that the Nars leans warm so I will have to test the shades out in store. Thank you for the info!

Re: RE: Re: Best tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin?

You're welcome. I hope you find a product you love!

I LOOOVE Dr. Jart’s Premium BB cream!! My skin is normal, but it is formulated for sensitive & dry skin. Not only is it a tinted moisturizer, but a serum and sunscreen as well. Holla! 🙋🏻‍♀️

https://www.sephora.com/product/premium-beauty-balm-spf-45-P285403?skuId=1327915&icid2=products%20gr...

4E94A176-1659-4416-9187-67A991E8CE11.jpeg

I agree with this one as well! It’s my everyday base and I LOVE it (you really can’t go wrong with Dr. Jart if you have sensitive skin)

JessyAnne wrote:

I LOOOVE Dr. Jart’s Premium BB cream!! My skin is normal, but it is formulated for sensitive & dry skin. Not only is it a tinted moisturizer, but a serum and sunscreen as well. Holla! 🙋🏻‍♀️

https://www.sephora.com/product/premium-beauty-balm-spf-45-P285403?skuId=1327915&icid2=products%20gr...

4E94A176-1659-4416-9187-67A991E8CE11.jpeg

@JessyAnne @suzyo @yankeefaithful I have been reading more reviews of the Dr Jart BB cream and it sounds like a great product! Does it give sheer/light coverage only? I have freckles so I would still like for them to show through and not be covered up.

@julia19lucy I don’t have freckles, but the coverage is very sheer and natural so I would assume so. Try to get your hands on a sample or ask a Sephora rep at the store to pump a few squirts into a sample jar for you. I can almost guarantee you’ll love it!

@julia19lucy  It’s definitely light coverage. It’ll just even things out a bit 🙂

@julia19lucy Yes, I think your freckles would show because you only need a small amount to use for coverage. It gives such a natural looking canvas for blush or bronzer. 

@yankeefaithful @suzyo @hopkinss33  @JessyAnne 

I am debating between the Dr Jart BB cream, Nars tinted moisturizer and Bareminerals complexion rescue. I will probably order the Dr Jart BB cream online since it's not in stores near me, and then get the Nars or Bareminerals in store later. Thank you so much! 🙂

Thank you for the recommendation! I will have to check this out too 🙂

I would like to second this BB cream. I went through a whole tube of it and then foolishly tried other things. I recently got a DS of it and realized how much my skin missed it. You can't go wrong with skincare and makeup in one product.

@JessyAnne  You are sooo right!  The Dr. Jart Premium BB Balm is great. I'm so glad I got a sample of it, and have used it ever since. Love it!

@yankeefaithful the exact same here! I started with a sample and was blown away, I immediately purchased and haven’t stopped using it since.

I also have sensitive skin, but my skin has reacted to some Laura Mercier products in the past, including tinted moisturizer. However, I use and love Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. It's perfect for a natural, dewy complexion!

Thank you! I have had negative reactions to some products before so Nars sounds like the best option for me

RE: Best tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin?

Hi! I’ve tried many of these as I have sensitive skin as well. I love the NARS tinted moisturizer and Laura mercier. NARS is super easy to apply and work with and doesn’t clog your pores or cause irritation at all. (Although if you have redness you want to also have a concealer because it can be a little light) But, Laura Mercier is amazing with easily buildable coverage and it’s super moisturizing. For sensitive skin, I definitely recommend the oil free version of the Laura Mercier because it is so much better. If you don’t like either, you could also use BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream, if your skin is more dry.

Thank you! Do you think that the Nars, Laura Mercier and Bareminerals tinted moisturizers all look natural and give a dewy glow?

The nars tinted moisturizer is my favourite it has very good coverage and is lightweight and never creases, it’s my favourite highly recommended

Re: RE: Best tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin?

sydneyfrancey wrote:
The nars tinted moisturizer is my favourite it has very good coverage and is lightweight and never creases, it’s my favourite highly recommended

Thank you! I will definitely look at the Nars tinted moisturizer when I go to Sephora soon

Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 46 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • 4E94A176-1659-4416-9187-67A991E8CE11.jpeg
testing