Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Best skin care/primers with SPF??

Looking for product reccomendations that have SPF for this coming summer! Both high end and drugstore! Thanks a bunch 🙂

Re: Best skin care/primers with SPF??

@tongxiaowei I recommend the SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40.I have found it works great and feels weightless under my makeup. 

Best,

Rebecca

Actually, yesterday I discovered that Ulta has their whole Ulta Beauty skincare line 50% off this week. I picked up a bottle of SPF 50 Sunscreen Rose Water Setting Spray for SPF reapplication, will see how it does. Some reviewers even compared it to Coola and Supergoop... $5! They also have Tinted Mineral Face Lotion SPF 30 that I might get and try as a primer under powder foundation. Also $5 this week.

I was originally gonna wait until Sun Safety kit officially drops, and perhaps stock up that way, but I was able to find one in-store and it’s quite low on value this year. You can see my post about that in Skincare Aware. Hence, Ulta! Hope this helps.

Best skin care/primers with SPF??

I use Tarte tinted primer and BB cream with SPF 20. I wear it every day. It gives me enough coverage that most days I don't even put foundation on top of it.

Hi @tongxiaowei,

I really love the SUPERGOOP! - Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45.

The thing with sunscreen is that you typically want to re-apply it after a couple of hours. Since I wear makeup on most days, I prefer a setting powder with SPF so I can use it to touch up my makeup. The SuperGoop! one is my favorite by far, and it's an essential in my makeup bag.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

I'm currently using SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 it layers wonderfully under foundation as a primer 😄

@tongxiaowei like was mentioned you do have to use quite a lot to get an appropriate amount of spf. I do still use some spf primers for day to day since I work in an office so my outside time is pretty limited and I feel like some is better than none, but I would never rely on these for like a day at the beach or something.  I really like VOLITION BEAUTY - Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50 and COOLA Dawn Patrol™ Classic Makeup Primer SPF 30 1 oz/ 30 mL

@tongxiaowei I was looking for primers with SPF before as well, but I learned that I need to use SPF/sunscreen separately since you need at least a nickle-sized dollop of sunscreen for sufficient protection, and I wasn’t about to use that much (and more) primer everyday. 😂

TLDR, I think you’re much better off finding a GOOD primer and 50 SPF with PA ++++ sunscreen, separately.

Thanks!! Do you have any sunscreen reccomendations?? I'm...

Thanks!! Do you have any sunscreen reccomendations?? I'm very new in this department!

Re: Thanks!! Do you have any sunscreen reccomendations?? I'm...

@tongxiaowei I honestly use Korean or Japanese sunscreens (found on Amazon) so I personally can’t recommend any from Sephora. Many people seem to love Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42 1 oz/ 30 mL if you feel like spending that much money on sunscreen. 😂

I love Etude House’s Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF 50/PA+++. It dries down to a powdery finish and smooths out pores and fine lines. The only “downside” is that it leaves a noticeable white cast. 

If you don’t like matte finishes, I also love Biore’s UV Aqua Rich SPF 50/PA++++. All in all, you should try to go for a minimum of SPF 40 and PA+++.

I've been liking Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Instant Radiance Sun Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Light/Medium. It's illuminating, lightly moisturizing, and I like the finish it gives my skin. And I feel like the slight tackiness has been helping my foundation stick.

Sounds like it may be right up my alley! Thanks :)

Sounds like it may be right up my alley! Thanks 🙂

@tongxiaowei    I don't know if you've tried this, but Murad's Invisiblur Perfecting Shield feels and acts just like a primer; it smoothes the skin surface while it protects it.

https://www.sephora.com/product/invisiblur-perfecting-shield-broad-spectrum-spf-30-pa-P394397?icid2=...

I haven't! Thanks!!! :)

I haven't! Thanks!!! 🙂
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing