Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Best Setting Powders for Luminous Silk Foundation (trying to finish it so I can move on!)

I'm trying so hard to finish my Luminous Silk foundation... I threw away an almost empty bottle from late last year and opened up my back-up (I have 1 more bottle after this, I got greedy and stocked up too much). I thought the issue was because it was old, but after using my new bottle several times, I'm starting to notice it breaking up around my nose by noon (I do my makeup at 7am). 

I'm using RMS Un-tinted powder and Hourglass Mineral Veil (even cut down on the amount of primer because I thought it was causing the foundation to move)... but it's still not looking very nice on my skin. I also finish with the Smashbox Primer spray

Any suggestions for a new powder to try? I've used Laura Mercier in the past but wasn't a fan... 

Anyone use the Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder? What did you think? Thanks!!!!!

Re: Best Setting Powders for Luminous Silk Foundation (trying to finish it so I can move on!)

I can't use Luminous Silk alone because it doesn't run light enough for me so I mix it with Maestro Glow when I wear it. When that mix I usually set it with Armani's setting powder in Universal Nude, which is a very finely milled setting powder with a radiant finish. Are you averse to touching up your makeup in the middle of the day? If I were having this problem, that's probably what I'd do-- just take a silica powder like the Laura Mercier Invisible Powder and use that on/around my nose after blotting. If you want more coverage you could also use a powder foundation. You could even try the Luminous Silk Powder Foundation and see if that helps your problems with Luminous Silk, the liquid. You could also try using a different primer on your t-zone, but it sounds like you've tried that. Besides Hourglass Veil, another one I like is Givenchy Acti'mine. Honestly though it sounds to me from reading your question that you may be at a point where your skin has changed and you just need to cut ties with Luminous Silk and move on. @mmmiu

I, too, would just try to mix and match, primers and powd...

I, too, would just try to mix and match, primers and powders. I honestly cannot tell too much of a difference in my setting powders lol, but I am never one that pays attention to detail. I do have and like the CFX perfect setting powder but I don't know if it's helped much more than the LM ,on my skin. But thankfully everyone is coming out with minis so if you have to invest in another you can try before investing so much. I would also/definitely recommend checking out Skindanavia setting sprays,they've helped me big time!!☺

If your makeup is moving I would consider changing the pr...

If your makeup is moving I would consider changing the primer. CoverFX anti-aging or CoverFX Matte (which fights acne) works for dry skin, Fenty Primer works very well for oily skin. A different setting powder is unlikely to help. I would also agree with the previous answer when it comes to setting sprays. I prefer CoverFX matte or CoverFX illuminator. But I've heard really good things about Urban Decay and Smashbox.

Re: Best Setting Powders for Luminous Silk Foundation (trying to finish it so I can move on!)

I use MAC blot powder on my t zone and it helps control the shine when I wear GA luminous silk.  

You can try CoverFX setting powder but I feel like its the same as the Laura Mercier one.

Maybe change your primer to a different brand or see what happens when you don't use the Smashbox primer spray.  Sometimes the setting spray can make your makeup move.  I don't find that Smashbox's primer spray is that great for my skin for setting makeup.  I would use Urban Decay chill setting spray or Makeup Forever setting spray to set the makeup.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing