cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

2021 Foundation Challenge: Tag Your Complexion Routine Then vs. Now

FoundationChallenge2021.png

We can’t help but notice how much our “MOTD” (makeup of the day) – especially our complexion routines – has changed over the past year. With many of our social engagements gone virtual, bedrooms turning into home offices, and maskne becoming a new skin obstacle we never thought we’d have, we’re so curious: How has your foundation routine changed from a year ago compared to now?

Maybe you’ve ditched your full primer-concealer-foundation-powder routine and switched to something a bit simpler. Maybe you’ve found a new favorite tinted moisturizer or lightweight skin tint to match your pared-down schedule. Or maybe your foundation go-tos haven’t changed at all – anything to keep up some kind of routine, ya know?

For this Challenge, we want you to tag your typical complexion routine from a year ago – aka “THEN” (primers, concealers, setting powders count too!), and then below that, tag your current typical complexion routine “NOW.” We can’t wait to see how your makeup has changed to suit the times – and also see how many of you are still staying faithful to your same holy grails! It’s all fair game.

Click the “Reply” button below and tag your favorite foundation/complexion products THEN vs. NOW! Just type the “#” symbol before each product!

Re: 2021 Foundation Challenge: Tag Your Complexion Routine Then vs. Now

Before the pandemic I had been have very happy with my skin and never encountered any real problems until recently. I tried to ignore , forget and was not willing to correct the problems that I now have concerning my skin ( before it got out of control). 

Before the pandemic my skin care treatment was very basic. I just washed my face everyday , exfoliated every now and use the light translucent to tone down the shine. 

Today that is not the case and. Im a Little unhappy 😥. Because State restrictions are being to lift and mask requirements are not required everywhere. I will no longer be able to hide under my face mask and ignore the problem I now have with my skin. It's time for me to acknowledge my skin problem concerns and find the correct products to use to repair my discolored, dry ,drab, dull, lifeless skin. I have been researching on the internet learning about skin care products , which products work better than others, they're effectiveness and what to expect after treatment. I know also learned about my skin and I understand that , although I don't have problem skin , I believed that I would never have problem skin. That was not true... I did nothing to preserve my skin in fact I've abused my skin without knowledge of the abuse until now. Now the damage is done , hopefully with the right products and showing my skin a little TLC the damage I've done can be corrected in time. I have just began my skin care treatment using #The Ordinary" . I spent many hours reading positive reviews and learning about a lot of the skin care products they make, and there are a lot. Now I have an idea what . Problems I have with my skin treatment. I have and idea of what to use , how the product is  correctly uses and I also have a understand why certain #The Ordinary will be most effective to help me meet my skin care golds, always to finally be comfortable with ditching my face mask. 

16259877009731267588990658493255.jpg

 #ditch the face mask

My new skin care treatment starts with me understanding that over time my skin has changed, Also understanding there are many reasons why my skin changed. New I'm aware and I will faithful following a daily skin care ritual , by property cleaning my face every day, applying a good hydrating lotion  using sunscreen everyday. That will be  good start for good start. I will  periodically make adjustments to my skin care treatment process as needed. 

Back then I was always a full primer-foundation-concealer-powder gal, no matter where I was going. But now all my old favorite tried-and-true foundations ( Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation, Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation, Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 2W2 Rattan) feel too thick on my skin after not wearing anything for so long! My new favorite of-the-moment hack is to mix a couple drops of ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Skincare Foundation Porto Ferro ST10 with one of my fave foundations, and just apply it with my hands like a tinted moisturizer (using a brush or beauty blender to blend out any messy parts). It adds a lightness and dewiness to my favorite formulas without completely sacrificing the coverage - and also helps me customize the shade to suit how pale (or self-tanned) I am at any given moment. 😆

Can't wait to try some of the new skin tints like Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint and the tarte Mini SEA Hydroflex™ Serum Foundation (LOVE that it comes in a mini!) so I can stop mixing my own like a mad scientist!

I truthfully don’t use foundation. I just use drunk elephant’s skin routine and call it a day!

@AMillerRN I forgot how much I love that Tarte BB Primer - I used to use that in place of foundation as well, it's great. I should revisit, especially now that they've expanded their shade range 🙌

Gucci  Gucci Long Lasting Satin Lipstick 200 Blaze of Noon is my favorite lipstick because it goes with everything and it’s so comfortable to wear all day long! 💄🥰 

So while mask wearing has been lifted in some cases, I'm still in a category where I have to eat mine.  My routine is similar to "Now" with the exception of using fenty's brightener.  I use that to create triangle of light and just powder over everything else.

THEN:

Primer: CoverFx Mattifying primer 

Concealer: Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Liquid Concealer Dulce de Leche  

Foundation: #FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation 300 

Bronzer: Fenty Cheeks out bronzer in Teddy

Powder: KVD brightening powder

NOW

Primer: Primer: CoverFx Mattifying primer 

Cover Fx Pressed Powder foundation, G70

Fenty brightener for spot concealing

Loads of spf and setting spray

Ooo I’ve been incorporating setting powder into my routine on the rare occasions that I wear a full face under my mask. Did you notice a difference in longevity when you used to use a brightening powder vs. now a setting spray? @danielledanielle 

🤔 @Guessgal ,

At first, I was going to say a lot, but then I factor in how much time I'm wearing the mask and how much of the mask is touching my face.  If I'm wearing a mask all day, it doesn't matter 🤣.  That being said, the powder + concealer combo works well in that I have coverage even if the masks takes away some product.  The less contact, the better, but I feel like adding extra coverage where there is contact is key

Oh dear how do I say this without giving away my age. At first I used to slap on Avon foundation and some local powder called Maja from the old style community drugstore.

now I slap on my usual skincare routine followed by Tatcha silk canvas primer for my face and the Tatcha the Pearl for the eye area. Followed by Nars soft matte foundation; rare beauty concealer; hourglass veil powder 

Lol at the Avon. Do you have oily skin skin? Do you use anything before primer?

More of a combination. I Use my regular skincare routine. Wash my face with the blueberry cleanser from glow recipe;  Thomas Roth toner; caudalie resveratrol for eyes; I use skin & lab B okis calming and then  I use glossier priming moisturizer which is almost out 

THEN (2+ years ago):

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder 

NOW: 

BECCA Cosmetics Light Shifter Dewing Tint Tinted Moisturizer Luminary 1 BECCA Cosmetics Under Eye Brightening Corrector Laura Mercier Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder 2 BECCA Cosmetics Light Shifter Finishing Veil Setting Powder Scattering 1 

And if I want to do a heavier look, Ill usually use one of these foundations/concealers:

surratt beauty Perfectionniste Concealer Palette Dior Dior Airflash Spray Foundation 

Honestly, I really have minimized my makeup lately. I look better with less coverage (I feel more ages me), but the sad thing is that the new items I love will soon be gone 😞 gonna miss Becca.

How is the flawless filter foundation and how do you apply it?? I just got it for free (unexpected GWP at nordstron), thanks!!

I used to never wear foundation, I just recently bought the Almay Skin Perfecting Matte Foundation and it is a DREAM! 

88 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • FoundationChallenge2021.png
  • 13P
  • 16259877009731267588990658493255.jpg
testing