Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

SOS! Makeup wearing off & textured skin issues

I am constantly struggling to keep makeup on my skin all day long. I’m at work for about 10 hours, wearing makeup. By the end of the day it has worn off in some areas, around my nose and cheeks. I’ve diagnosed this as oily skin, but using mattifying primers and formulas gives me dry patches 😰😫 Another thing that my camera hasn’t really captured is the texture issue (small patches of raised bumps) all over my T-zone, especially my chin and sides of my nose. Which I haven’t been able to avoid with whatever foundation/concealer I use. I’ve also got pretty sensitive skin and occasional acne on top of the oiliness and dryness. (Blessed, right?) So what can I do to cover up, prolong the wear, and hide/repair my skin concerns?

Right after applicationRight after application

After 10 hours of wearAfter 10 hours of wear

Re: SOS! Makeup wearing off & textured skin issues

@emily34146 It’s possible that your skin is dehydrated instead of more oily. When your skin is dehydrated it produces excess oil. The patches of raised bumps are probably closed comedones, which are clogged pores (probably from the excess oil). I would try incorporating chemical exfoliation once or twice a week (something with AHA and/or BHA) if you’re not using one already. Maybe try the The INKEY List Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) Gentle Exfoliating Toner 3.4 oz/ 100 mL (If you’re a newbie) or the tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mL if you’ve used chemical exfoliations before. I also like using a hydrating toner to balance out my skin before putting on serum and moisturizer. I like the brand Klairs for toners but you can also try the First Aid Beauty Hydrating Toner with Squalane + Oats 6 oz/ 177 mL . Avoid alcohol in skincare and foundation, it’ll only make it worse. You can also try using a powder to set your foundation but that isn’t overly mattifying, like the CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder or the Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
  • Right after application
  • After 10 hours of wear
testing