Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Powder or Liquid Foundation?

I have combination skin. In the same day, I'll have makeup melting off of my t-zone because it's oily and have it cracking in areas because of dryness and acne. I need full coverage to hide my red blotchiness without clogging my pores. Should I wear a powder foundation with concealer underneath or just use liquid foundation and setting powder?

Re: Powder or Liquid Foundation?

I would definitely say mineral foundation like Bare Minerals original foundation. I have always had oily skin and liquid make-up would slide off my face.  I found this foundation 20 years ago and it was great.  No changing in color of foundation and no shine.  I have recently found it works great with Dr Jart premium BB balm. This gives such a smooth,flawless finish and last all day.  I had never been able to use a primer before this. Hope this helps.

I would mske sure to prep your skin well. Im not surd of your time limit for getting ready, but i live to use certain masks before makeup (glamglow gravity myd is my favorite) but sheet masks are a great option! (fast, inexpensive & targeted concerns). Also primer, use 2 types: 1 in areas that need hydration and 1 thats mattifying where needed. As for foundation if you need the coverage use a buildable liquid in thin layers and set where needed with a fine milled powder. If needed to just even out your complxion and some

Tiny imperfections then spit conceal and use a good powder foundation (tarte airbrush clay powder is a fav of mine and bare minerals original is great too). Always use a setting spray to help meld your makeup together and into your skin (I gently roll and push a beauty blender over my face after I spray the setting spray) i Also a good fixing spray as the very last step. It makes such a difference when using the 2 sprays correctly.

Make sure you prep your skin by washing, toning, moisturizing. Use a good primer and then use a foundation of your choice. I usually set my make up with a dusting powder, then spray with setting spray.

RE: Powder or Liquid Foundation?

I have combo skin too but I use a powder foundation. But I do prep my skin before I apply it. I wash my face, moisturize, then use a toner from lush and then I use my powder foundation and after I use a setting spray and my foundation/ make up stays all day.

RE: Powder or Liquid Foundation?

Liquid I have combination skin too and I use liquid and then I set it

I would say try a liquid foundation, but put a loose setting powder underneath it, only in your t-zone.  That would be less product in those areas, compared to using a concealer under the foundation.   The loose powder will soak up some of the excess oil.  And then you won't have to worry about drying out in the other areas.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing