Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Pores and combination skin

Hi there, I’m abbey a 22 year old girl trying to figure out my skincare routine for combination skin. As far as my routine goes every morning I cleanse with the TULA Skincare The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser , afterwards I use the Caudalie Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Toner 6.7 oz/ 200 mL , the The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and finally the Freck Beauty Rich Bitch Cactus + Vitamin C Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL   I find that these products have worked well for my skin and haven’t led to any breakouts. At night I cleanse my skin with the Biossance Squalane + Antioxidant Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil 6.76 oz / 200 mL  however I’m thinking of purchasing the Caudalie Vinoclean Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil 5.0 oz/ 150 mL in place once I run out, I then use the innisfree Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid Face Cleanser 5.07 oz / 150 mL i once again use the caudalie toner. After that I switch from night to night and use the Moon Juice Acid Potion AHA + BHA Resurfacing Exfoliator 3.3 oz/ 100 mL  one night, the following night I use a retinol serum not from Sephora and then I give my skin a break and repeat this cycle again. I don’t mix my exfoliating product with my retinol. Every night I finish up with the a hylauronic serum to give my skin some more hydration since I live in a cold and dry climate especially in the winter and top that off with whatever sample moisturizer I have at the time. If you’ve managed to read through all of that thank you for your patience. I’m finding that my skin appears oily or greasy still and I don’t wear facial makeup besides some blush, I’m hoping to achieve my skin care goals and not have to use powder or mattifying products to fix this issue. I also find that I have very large pores on my cheeks and nose even though I’ve tried multiple types of cleansers and methods. I’m wondering if anyone has recommendations for either of these concerns or see any issues in my skincare routine that I should amend. Again if you’ve read all this thank you🫡

Re: Pores and combination skin

@abbeeyph Hello! For your night are you using exfoliator and or retinol every night? Or just once a week for each? You might be using too much and causing your face to overproduce to make up for it. Especially since your day toner also is an exfoliation product. Are you using the Inkey List 10%? That one is recommended with combo skin. 

Re: Pores and combination skin

Thanks for answering! I use the niacinimade 5% and use my exfoliator and retinol probably twice a week each so I’ll try switching to once a week. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing