Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Need moisturizer recommendation for combination sensitive acne prone skin.

I tried yttp super berry oil and deep moisture cream.  It gave me a very big pimple that I haven't seen in ages. I m looking for something that will moisturize my skin without irritating it and won't clog pores . I also have redness and my skin gets super dry in winters. I also have hyperpigmentation caused by acne scars . Tried so many moisturizers but don't work out for me.

Re: Need moisturizer recommendation for combination sensitive acne prone skin.

I also use Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL, though it isn't quite enough moisture for me in winter. Normally I use Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and then layer FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair BarriAIR Cream over it. 

RE: Need moisturizer recommendation for combination sensitive acne prone skin.

Hi @Mariumm1 you should try Tatcha Water Cream. It’s super lightweight, hydrating, and appropriate for sensitive skin. Tatcha offers travel sizes for a better price. Their website also is worth checking out for skin care bundles.

I have pretty much the same skin as you!

The CeraVe AM & PM ones work great for me, especially the PM one! The AM does have a bit of SPF in it so that might not agree with your skin, although mine is extremely sensitive (I am allergic to sunlight at this point) and it does great for me. I also used to use the Cetaphil SPF 15 daily moisturizer and that agreed with me really well too! I will say I always give my skin a week to adjust new products (obviously stopping immediately if there is an extreme reaction i.e. rash, etc.). As for a Sephora brand, despite the smell (it's great but I think it's probably got fragrance in it then, which is bad), I love the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Overnight Mask and The Ordinary's 100% Plant-derived Squalane. As for my scars, The Ordinary's Alpha Arbutin has been great!

@Mariumm1 wrote:

I tried yttp super berry oil and deep moisture cream.  It gave me a very big pimple that I haven't seen in ages. I m looking for something that will moisturize my skin without irritating it and won't clog pores . I also have redness and my skin gets super dry in winters. I also have hyperpigmentation caused by acne scars . Tried so many moisturizers but don't work out for me.

@Mariumm1 

I have a night time cream recommendation (haven't tried it during the day, as my sunscreen is moisturizing enough for me) - SKIN&LAB Medicica Calming Cream. It's a Korean brand, they have a storefront on Amazon. The cream itself came highly recommended by the skincare youtuber Liah Yoo. 

It's a thick gel, not geasy at all, full of centella asiatica (cica/tiger grass), which is very soothing. It's also quite occlusive, without clogging pores, making it one of the few creams that don't make my skin feel tight in a couple hours. I would recommend layering a humectant (a hyaluronic acid toner or serum of sorts) underneath. 

@Mariumm1  I can’t use Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL either: it’s too greasy for both my oily and dry zones. Have you tried YTTP’s other moisturizer? I use Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... day and night. It moisturizes my dry zones without swamping or clogging my oily zone.  

In very cold weather, the Superfood moisturizer does need a boost, so I layer an oil under it. Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml can be a bit much for my oily zone. Instead, I use Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL most often: it’s very moisturizing, plays nice with my oily zone, and helps my inflammation issues (I have some surface redness, and my skin’s generally finicky). A good less expensive option is e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil

You might also want to try a CeraVe moisturizer, if you haven’t yet. Another BIC favorite is Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL: this (well, the old version) was my winter moisturizer before I started layering oils under YTTP Superfood. I could never use Lala during any season except winter. 

I found a sample Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... at home. I just put some on. Let see how it goes. Thanks 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing