Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

La roche posay vs. farmacy

I have combination skin with clogged pores and uneven texture. Has anyone use both brands? Which one is better for this skin type?

Re: La roche posay vs. farmacy

I also have combo skin! I personally love the Farmacy products I've tried (their oil-free moisturizer and balm) and I'm excited to try more. The fact that they don't test on animals and the use of quality ingredients is what attracts me more to them. La Roche Posay is really good if you have super sensitive skin though, my step-mom is allergic to basically everything with fragrance and she uses that brand because of it and she loves it

I'm obsessed with the farmacy honeymoon glow. It's an amazing chemical exfoliant that has evened my skin texture. Also helps with clogged pores. 

Hi Nat! I share many of your concerns - combo skin, dullness & uneven texture, etc. Both brands have great products, so it will ultimately come down to your budget. I used 1 bottle of the Farmacy Honeymoon Glow serum and it worked incredibly well (and quickly) to smooth out the skin and provide a glow. While the product worked well, it wasn't in my budget long term so I looked for other options that would provide similar results

I decided to try out the La Roche Posay Effaclar Adapalene Gel, which is a retinoid. It took time to introduce the Adapalene Gel into my routine, however my skin, pores, and lines look smooth, and my texture and uneven skin tone have improved a lot. Based on my research, I also found that retinoid has great benefits long term. I have used 2 full tubes of this products and I will continue to use it.

I don't really see the need to use physical exfoliants on my face because I use chemical exfoliants (AHAs/BHAs) on alternating nights from the retinoid. While scrubs provide the feeling of softness short-term, chemical exfoliants work on a much deeper level and tackle multiple concerns. Hope this helps!!

@mbhirm Very well written. I second this answer. Both are incredible brands and stack up very evenly to one another 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing