Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Good Smelling Foundation Search

Hey everyone,

I love makeup but for years I've never used foundation because I can't stand the smell of most foundations. I'm so sensitive to smells and I don't really "get used to" most scents after a while. I extremely dislike the chemical smell or anything of the sort. I would much prefer a light smelling or skincare smelling sort of thing. Perhaps light floral or fruit. I honestly don't know for sure if I'm combination, dry or oily skin. I don't have a lot of acne and my skin is pretty clear. I do get the occasional small pimple here and there but generally nothing. I do feel the need to moisturize my face after I wash it but only once or twice during the day. I do get oily around my nose but that's about it. If anyone can recommend me a good foundation or bb/cc cream it would be much appreciated. Also, I can't wear foundation without fully powdering my face afterward so that there is no sticky residue. I currently own the Makeup Forever Water Blend foundation and the smell is too much for me. Please help 🙂 Thanks, everyone.

-Michelle

Re: Good Smelling Foundation Search

I don’t think I ever really noticed a scent in Make Up For Ever’s Ultra HD foundation. It’s one of my favorites! 

RE: Good Smelling Foundation Search

The Burberry cashmere foundation is also fragrance free

RE: Good Smelling Foundation Search

Have you tried Laura Mercier Flawless fusion ultra long wear foundation? It’s for sensitive/combo/normal/dry/oily skin and it’s free of fragrance and other chemicals.

@MangoGin IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream has a citrus scent to it. I think some people think it is a bit strong, but I find it pleasant and the scent dissipates fairly quickly. 

Some YSL foundations I've tried in the past have a light cucumber scent.  Those might be worth a try if you are in store and can test them out.  Maybe they all do, but I've used the le teint touche eclat, and I think even the new all hours one may have the same scent. However, I'm generally not sensitive to scent, so maybe some others will chime in also. Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing