cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Good Smelling Foundation Search

Hey everyone,

I love makeup but for years I've never used foundation because I can't stand the smell of most foundations. I'm so sensitive to smells and I don't really "get used to" most scents after a while. I extremely dislike the chemical smell or anything of the sort. I would much prefer a light smelling or skincare smelling sort of thing. Perhaps light floral or fruit. I honestly don't know for sure if I'm combination, dry or oily skin. I don't have a lot of acne and my skin is pretty clear. I do get the occasional small pimple here and there but generally nothing. I do feel the need to moisturize my face after I wash it but only once or twice during the day. I do get oily around my nose but that's about it. If anyone can recommend me a good foundation or bb/cc cream it would be much appreciated. Also, I can't wear foundation without fully powdering my face afterward so that there is no sticky residue. I currently own the Makeup Forever Water Blend foundation and the smell is too much for me. Please help 🙂 Thanks, everyone.

-Michelle

Re: Good Smelling Foundation Search

I don’t think I ever really noticed a scent in Make Up For Ever’s Ultra HD foundation. It’s one of my favorites! 

RE: Good Smelling Foundation Search

The Burberry cashmere foundation is also fragrance free

RE: Good Smelling Foundation Search

Have you tried Laura Mercier Flawless fusion ultra long wear foundation? It’s for sensitive/combo/normal/dry/oily skin and it’s free of fragrance and other chemicals.

@MangoGin IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream has a citrus scent to it. I think some people think it is a bit strong, but I find it pleasant and the scent dissipates fairly quickly. 

Some YSL foundations I've tried in the past have a light cucumber scent.  Those might be worth a try if you are in store and can test them out.  Maybe they all do, but I've used the le teint touche eclat, and I think even the new all hours one may have the same scent. However, I'm generally not sensitive to scent, so maybe some others will chime in also. Good luck!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing