Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Foundation

Help! I need a new foundation that does not settle in the creases around the sides of mouth & chin. Y107 & usually wear a light beige. 

Thanks!!

Donna

Re: Foundation

@QueenMarceline @deckgirl7 - Have you ever tried findation{dot}com for foundation matches? I've gotten very accurate matches from that site (Honestly, better than Sephora's shade-matching). One thing you'll also notice that's nice with Double Wear and Teint Idole - they have a pretty wide shade range, and they show the model's before-and-after - so you can get a better idea of what will work for you. Seriously - I first ordered Teint Idole online. I used Findation for a recommended match, and when I saw the model for that shade in the "Before" pic, I was like - "That's my exact skintone". And the match was bang-on.

@WiscyKristi I actually have not, but I will most certainly check it out in the future. I'm going through a few of my foundations that I already opened and looking to switch to something else but it's taking my forever because due to the pandemic and overall just a more subdued look I've been reaching for my tinted moisturizers, concealers and bb creams most of the time. 

@deckgirl7 Hi there, not sure what brand of foundation you use but you can look up a color match on the website using their color matching feature which includes many brands of foundation to be able to color match for a different brand purchase. 

However, I do second the statement on the poster below me the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 6N2 Truffle is a very solid choice that you could get a sample of at your local sephora. You can navigate to that page and find the color matching option by selecting the "find your shade" option. 🙂 Hope this helps.

@deckgirl7  I've had good luck with Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 6W1 Sandalwood (sorry - can't get exact generic link) and Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Matte Foundation . What makes all the difference is using a good primer. I've had good luck with Smashbox Photo Finish Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL .

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing