cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Foundation advice needed!!!

As someone with acne prone, red, and combination skin, I struggle to find a foundation that can hit all the marks. Awhile ago when trying the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 2N1 Desert Beige for the first time, I thought I had found something I really loved! However, after visiting the counter at Sephora, I was informed that my foundation was separating in some spots and made my skin look dry in others 😞 For years now I've been trying to find something that can give me a full coverage look to hide my acne and a foundation that wont crack or dry up under pressure. At this point I've given up, and need advice. I'm sick of wearing foundation that doesn't give my skin what it needs. Any and all advice would be appreciated 🙂 

Re: Foundation advice needed!!!

I have really red skin and acne and I struggle.  May I suggest trying to treat some of the underlying problems first (with skincare), and then find an acceptable foundation.  I tend to skip primers because they make my skin look worse.  Here's what I've been using and have had a huge improvement: 

Skin care:

Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL (at night)

BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer (both morning and night)

BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil (morning)

DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum (once or twice per week; don't overdo it)

Skin Prep:
DIOR - Capture Totale Dreamskin Advanced or cheaper alternative ERBORIAN - Pink Perfect Crème

Face: 

DIOR - Fix It 2-in-1 Prime & Color Correct - 400 Green

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent

@Anonymous

Sorry to hear Double Wear has not been suiting your skin. May I ask what primer you are using? Sometimes the primer and foundation combo can throw off the potency of the foundation. Double Wear is my all time favorite foundation so I’m really hoping to give you some advice that will help. Let me know!

Anonymous Insider

@gonerogue I’ve actually never thought about that before to be honest. I use the Urban Decay De-Slick Primer with my foundation, which I don’t see a lot of people using. What would you recommend? 

@vicleehall

I can’t say I’ve ever tried that primer but it’s odd because the De-Slick line is intended for people with oily skin.

The primers that I love to use with Double Wear that don’t affect the performance are Dr. Brandt’s Pores No More, Becca Evermatte, Too Faced Primed and Peachy, Peter Thomas Roth Skin to Die For, Hourglass Mineral Veil and (on my nose only) Touch in Sol No Poreblem. I will link them all below for you. Let me know if you have any luck! ☺️

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore refiner primer 1 oz

BECCA - Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

TOO FACED - Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer Mini – Peaches and Cream Collection

PETER THOMAS ROTH - Skin to Die For™ No- Filter Mattifying Primer & Complexion Perfector

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL

TOUCH IN SOL - No Poreblem Primer

Anonymous Insider

Thanks so much for the advice! I've heard of people liking the Too Faced primer so I'll try that for now!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing