Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Foundation Suggestions

Hey everyone! With the pandemic I have not been out to a physical Sephora location. I’m trying to avoid going in person at the moment. I thought maybe someone can help on here! I am looking for a new foundation. I have combo/dehydrated skin. I have worn Lancôme’s Tient Idole for years and find it to be a little too matte for me now. I want to find a foundation with just the right amount of glow. I have very fair, red, sensitive skin. I had dry patches but also tend to get shiny in my t-zone and chin. I have tried the new hydrating Este Lauder, but the shades aren’t a very good match. Love the formulation, though! I have also tried Fenty and it caused a horrible break out. So that was a no-go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Foundation Suggestions

For me it very much depends on the weather when it comes to foundations - I’m in Florida and the humidity can get pretty intense. But generally for summer I use Sephora’s foundation spray because it stays put. Winter months I’ve been really liking Joah’s foundation drops. I prefer light coverage so my primer generally does most of the heavy lifting, and I use my foundation pretty sparingly. I’m also a big fan of Innisfree blurring powder. It’s supposed to be translucent, but it’s white so I added a little bit of bronzing powder to use on areas other than under my eyes so the shade doesn’t make me look like a geisha. I absolutely can’t live without that stuff now - and it’s drugstore priced.

I have combination/dehydrated skin too. And have also used Lancome Tient Idole for years. A little while back I noticed it was getting a bit too matte for me. What helped was switching up what moisturizers and primers I used under it. Using something more moisturizing (or even just a drop or two of oil) makes it just right for me now. 

Foundation Suggestions

When in doubt, check the sale section. The Stellar Limitless Foundation is really good, it has a lovely glow and is very lightweight, and the fair is very fair, but it looks like the only fair shade left has yellow undertones and I don't know what your undertones are. The Lawless foundation looks promising, but I haven't tried it. This is kind of a stab in the dark, but at least you're stabbing at half price. Clinique foundations tend to be on the less expensive side. I used the Even Better Foundation forever and I have combo skin. It's more natural finish than radiant, though. Beware of the Born This Way Foundation from Too Faced as it dries skin out and since it's water-based it doesn't play well with other products.

If you like the formula of one, @HellcatDanielle, you could try mixing shades to find the right shade match (which is obvi super annoying, but is an option), if budget, etc allow.

Hi @HellcatDanielle!

You can try finding a foundation using this foundation quiz.  You can also use the "shade finder" to help you find a shade similar to one you've used before.

I asked a Sephora employee about getting samples during this time.  I was told to call my local Sephora (if they're open) and ask about picking up samples.  Not sure how this really works or if it would even work.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing