Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Foundation Help

Hello! My name's Deanna and I'm hoping to get a little help. I would go to Sephora and ask the ladies but the closest to me is about an hour and a half away, so I don't go often. 

I was hoping to get some suggestions for foundations. I've always had a hard time finding the perfect one. At the moment, I am using Lo'real Pro Glow in 202. I love how it sits on my skin. It doesn't settle or cake up. The thing is the longevity. I wouldn't say my skin is super oily, but it can get greasy looking after a while and I do sweat. It's usually my nose, it's always been a trouble spot for me. Matte foundations just don't work on me no matter what. I accidentally bought the Fenty Beauty foundation (thinking it was the primer), tried it anyways, and it looked awful. I bought the Too Faced Born This Way in Swan, hearing it's good with sweat, and I can't get it to work. Both looked heavy on my upper lip and around my mouth, between my brows and wherever else there was some fuzz. Both didn't look good around my nose (especially Fenty!) or on my forehead, looked powdery almost even though I didn't powder. 

I do make sure my skincare is done. I've tried different primers (although I'm thinking of getting KVD featherweight primer for extra moisture). I've tried both a brush and sponge. 

I guess what I'm looking for is a foundation similar to Lo'real Pro Glow, hydrating/glowy, but has good coverage and awesome staying power. Shade wise, I do have fair skin. The shade Swan in Born This Way is a good shade match, maybe a tad too yellow. If anyone could give suggestions please do tell! And of course any other tricks you may have. 

Thank you for taking the time to read and help! ♥

Re: Foundation Help

Hi @deem4rie,

Great question! We understand finding the right foundation shade can be difficult. We have a really cool tool called Color IQ that helps you find foundation matches based on what you're currently wearing. The shade Swan in the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation is a match for the Color IQ number 1Y02. You can view the corresponding foundations and shade matches here:

https://www.sephora.com/IQ/color/results.jsp?coloriq=true&shade_code=1Y02

If you're looking for good coverage and a glowy finish, I'd recommend looking into the Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid and the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I hope this helps!

Thank you for being a valued Sephora client. Please send me a private message if you need further assistance. 

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing