cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Flaking on my chin

Hi!

I have combination skin, as well as some acne and acne scarring issues, so I obviously have some hyper pigmentation. I don't know why, but my chin used to flake a lot and it somehow stopped, and now all of a sudden, it is so disgustingly dry again and flakes, although my skin does not necessarily feel dry. My nose is also a little dry, even though I have an oily T-zone. When I have no make-up, my skin is more oily, but with make-up, it seems to be more dry. Overall, I have combination skin.

I am on some acne products for my face and antibiotics, such as Aczone and Tazorac (yes, I know those are very drying), but I put the products predominantly on my cheeks and barely on my chin, so realistically, my cheeks should be the ones peeling if it was the face products. I have read that the chin is very sensitive, but the flaking has come to an extreme point.

As far as my make-up regimen, I either use a Murad cleanser or a Cetaphil cleanser, and exfoliate every now and then. I spray my face with rose water throughout my make-up process to stay hydrated. I tone with the Environmental Murad toner and I JUST bought the Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Cloud Cream because my dermatologist told me hyaluronic products are supposed to be very moisturizing. I live in Florida, so this cream should not have any of the adverse effects that hyaluronic products sometimes have in dry air. I have also used an Aveeno SPF moisturizer, which had never made my face flake in the past, and yet, it still flaked when I used it this week. I use the YSL Touche Eclat primer and have tried other hydrating primers, such as the Too Faced Hangover Primer, yet I still peel, so I know it is not the primer. My foundation is the Lancome 24 Ultra Teint and the powder too. I use some concealer and the Laura Mercier setting powder. Lastly, rather than using a drying setting spray, I use the Hangover spray because of the hydration.

To sum it up, I truly do not think the products I use should be drying my skin to this extent, especially because I drink so much water, am religious about moisturizing (sometimes I go to sleep with only moisturizer and skip my acne products), and have started my make-up routine multiple times by putting Aloe gel on my chin first to hydrate my skin, which still results in flaking. 

Please help me! It is so embarrassing that my chin flakes everytime I wear make-up and that the make-up on my nose doesn't apply well anymore! I was thinking of trying Clinique's Moisture Surge moisturizer, because maybe my skin does not like the Cloud Cream. Any reccomendations are appreciated and welcome!

Re: Flaking on my chin

My nose and chin will get super flaky too during winter because the air can get so cold and dry. I have used the clinique moisture surge and I absolutely love to use it when my skin is really dry. I will also the true cream aqua bomb by Belief. That one works really well too and doesn't feel as heavy on the skin like the moisture surge. I feel like you could go with either and have positive results. Do you use any face masks? I try to stay away from any clay based face masks because those help with taking oil out of your skin, not putting it back in.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing