Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Skincare

Hi itsfi! My cousin is 8 years old and my budget is 15$ and below. Thank you!

Tags:

Re: Skincare

Hi @makeupschool! A quick tip: Use @ when tagging someone in a thread. Sephora doesn’t automatically inform others, so we use it as a work around. It’s a bit annoying sometimes, but it gets the job done, right @itsfi? 🙂

Re: Skincare

Hi @makeupschool! Apologies for the delay. Saw @JoSometimes'  tag and was giving some thoughts to recommendations for you. 

In my mind, a gentle, simple-and-effective skincare routine would be the way to go. I've had 15+ steps in my skincare routines as well as (very recently) 3-steps, which was actually so great for my skin. I'm probably at 4-5 steps at the moment, with the extra steps addressing some changes in my skin due to the change in weather. 

For your 8-year old cousin, a routine of cleanser, moisturizer and SPF would be great. Recs are below with links to those that are available at Sephora. Off the top of my head, I don't know of a skincare set with all 3 types of products for $15, but here are some wonderfully effective skincare products in each of the three categories that fall within your budget (which by the way, I think is a good (and reasonable) price point for your cousin).

• CLEANSERCetaphil makes great cleansers - they're effective and gentle for sensitive skin types. Would recommend picking up a fragrance-free version. There's also Etude House Soon Jung pH 5.5 Foam Cleanser. All the products in the line that the Etude House cleanser is a part of are excellent for sensitive skin.

• MOISTURIZER: Cerave Baby Cream - the downside is that this is a rather thick formula; also, if your cousin is like my niece, she will not like being called or associated with a "baby" so that might make the Cerave a turnoff. Cerave Ultra Light Moisturizing Gel or CosRx Oil Free Lotion with Birch Sap or CosRx Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer for Day and Night or  The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 3.3 oz/ 100 mL.  I've used the Cerave and CosRx products myself and they're ones I have repurchased. The Ordinary one, I've tried a sample of it and liked. 

Thank you for the tag, @JoSometimes! Gets the job done perfectly.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing