cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

What’s New Friday: MILK Holographic Highlight

07.29_WNW.gifHolographic Highlighting Powder

Craving some outer-space for your face? These holographic highlighters–now in a talc-free form–are chock-full of high-performance pigments that give you vivid color payoff in a single swipe. Available in either Supernova (holographic hyper-lavender) or Mars (holographic golden peach), each highlighter combines real meteorite powder with twilight pearls to produce an iridescent, multidimensional finish. Using fingertips or a brush, simply swipe onto cheeks, eyes, or lips for instant luminosity! –Tracy J.

What’s your favorite holographic beauty product? Show & tell! 

RE: What’s New Friday: MILK Holographic Highlight

It's a gorgeous highlighter but it is not truly holographic. Holographic products refract the entire visible light spectrum aka 'rainbow' whereas this only has a shift in color or what some of us call 'Duo Chrome' Still a beautiful highlighter but it has a misleading name.
Anonymous Insider

Wanna try it!

Re: What’s New Friday: MILK Holographic Highlight

I don't have it but i want the milk stick highlighter.

Anonymous Insider

Are they actually 'holographic' though? I heard a lot of mixed reviews about the sticks.

I haven't tried the bluish holographic effect. I am so afraid 🙂 I love highlighters and use golden/pink tones as I have a tan skin but haven't dared with bluish tones yet.

@veens The key is it use a light hand! It's also fun to play around with the blueish shades in your inner eye corner, it's a smaller space to experiment with.  

RE: Re: What’s New Friday: MILK Holographic Highlight

That's a good tip @KatieBT I am eyeing on ABH Aurora kit. It has other colors too. I loved mixing them and playing with them. It's on my loves list. May be i will start with that and will probably get into it slowly.
Anonymous Insider

J'adore

I'm such a sucker for golden peach highlights...even though I said I don't need another highlighter, about 5 highlighters ago :S

I wonder how Mars compares to Becca's Champagne Dream flashes Bellini?

These look awesome--I have mars in the stick cream version and I love the glow it gives!

SOLD! Supernova powder looks amazing! So happy to see swatches on Sephora now it's so helpful. I have the Supernova lipgloss and the stick highlight so I need to add this baby to the collection. I love MILK Makeup they're definitely an up and coming brand! So happy to see Sephora carrying so many new brands.

@Kaiti4 You're just a supernova girl! I hear these are gorgeous layered under the holographic sticks if you want to amplify the effects. 

The second I saw this available I had to get my favorite color-supernova.  I wasn't expecting much since I have drawers full of highlighters but I must say I was impressed.  If anyone is interested I posted a review on my YouTube channel (I know, most of us are pretty sick of all the beauty channels...). Anyway here is the video in case you want to see a swatch: https://youtu.be/kImgIAZLYcc

Wow, I really want Mars.  I love the two lip glosses as toppers from Milk- Mars paired with bareMinerals Cookie is insanely amazing.

I like the look of mars...

Even though holographic highlights aren't the most flattering on me / not very wearable, I always want them!

@karap03 Mars in powder form is more subtle than the stick and the shade is much more subtle than Supernova. I'd say it's a good intro to the holographic world 😉

@KatieBT  Wow!  I have Supernova in Stick form, but I totally prefer powder highlighters - these look awesome! 

My favorite Holographic products are currently my ILNP nail polishes.  All of them.  🙂

WOW Supernova looks really pigmented!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: What’s New Friday: MILK Holographic Highlight

Not gonna lie.. it isnt my favorite!
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 07.29_WNW.gif
testing