Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

What Highlight Wins Runner Up to Becca Cosmetics?

For all of my highlight enthusiasts out there! 

Looking for a great pressed highlighter, besides Becca that is cheaper? I love the highly pigmented shimmer finish on Becca because it doesn't layer on your face as a separate sort of "powder", leaving a ghostly residue. I love how it melts into the skin. 

For example, i LOVE Anastasia BH's makeup line, but their highlights leave too much of a powdery finish on my skin, rather than luminescent. I need something with 100% pure SHIMMER. Liquid, beautiful dewey finish without a  drying effect -- the Jeffery Starr glowiness. 

I don't like layering my cream highlighters w/ powdered makeup (i already have a lot.) So what are the best pressed-powder highlighters out there besides BECCA? My go-was either Copacabana by NARS or  either Opal or Prosecco pop fro BECCA-- (love warm, gold toned colors as I'm tan skinned.) THANK YOU! Share below! XO 

Re: What Highlight Wins Runner Up to Becca Cosmetics?

Laura Mercier makes my favorite highlighters.  It's not even one particular product: I have her Matte Radiance Powder, Shimmer Bloc, and Face Illuminator Powder.  Her highlighters are more subtle than many other brands, certainly more so than Becca's, so they may not be your preference.  But I think they work well when you want to add a glow, as opposed to more obvious sparkle.

ETA: Oops, you said cheaper.  I don't think LM is cheaper than Becca.

I highly recommend the new Ciate Glow To Highlighters! I have both shades, Moondust & Starburst. They're around $30 and it's a nice sized product. They're not glittery or frosty, they give my cheeks a beautiful glow and last all day. 

Agreed--I love ciate london! The new wet n wild highlighters are also surprisingly good and only $4. 

i really love the ABH sun dipped glow kit, jouer citrine powder highlighter, and MAC oh darling/superb MSF for my medium tan skin.

the colourpop highlighters are amazing too if you haven't tried them! they go on creamy but dry down without looking powdery.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing