Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Picking a blush

I’m in the market for a pretty cool-toned pink blush. Something super fun, summery, and fem. I’ve narrowed it down to 3 (but I’m open too other suggestions) MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Stockholm a much loved baby pink, I’m familiar with the Merrit blush formula and like it. 

IMG_4677.jpeg

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Lucky I really enjoy the formula of the Soft pinch blushes but I do have 3 shades already so I can either lean into this love and get a 4th or venture out and try something I haven’t before.

IMG_4678.jpeg

 A blush formula I haven’t tried out is the Fenty cream blush, I’m really interested in Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 04 Crush On Cupid 💘 It looks like a fabulous pink! 

IMG_4679.jpeg

🌸 Would love help choosing which pretty pink to chose for a fun Barbie inspired summer 💗 

IMG_4676.jpeg

Re: Picking a blush

You should try these combo: charlotte tilbury pink pop & the makeup by mario blush stick in pale petal I loooove it

I would say that the rare beauty lucky shade will save you the most money because it is cheaper and you only need a little drop of it. It is super pigmented. But I will give you two other options for cool toned blush. The Patrick Ta power and cream duo in the shade she’s a doll looks so stunning and you only need a little. I would also recommend the two faced cloud crush blush in the shade candy clouds. It is such a nice colored pink. Hope this helps!

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED

Screenshot_20230514-144140~2.png

There's other shades, but I screenshot'ed this one for ya @bakeamuffin . Available at Ulta May 28

@danielledanielle - I'm so glad you posted this for @bakeamuffin !  I meant to do this, but completely forgot! 😄

@danielledanielle @Titian06 You amazing women make me love the BIC so much fun, thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to report back!! It’s so fun to see all these amazing blush colours & options ❤️

Happy to help, @bakeamuffin !  Actually this is fun!  😘

Np @bakeamuffin !  I'm glad you have a few options now.

@bakeamuffin, so I went to Temptalia, and dupes named there were Colourpop's Thumper, which I can't find, and then two named here by @Loretta55 & @WinglessOne , She's a Doll (Patrick Ta) and Elf's Bora Bora.  I would hedge my bets and go Bora Bora. (There were lots of dupes actually, but some are LE, several are discontinued :/)

Other possible contenders if you go powder, Juvia's Volume 4, Nars Aroused (a little deeper in pink, but I think F&F sale is still happening with Nars)

@danielledanielle you are so helpful!! Thank you so much! 
I have PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo She's a Doll  n my loves list, it’s currently OOS. I’m definitely going to be checking out Bora Bors, what a fun pink!! 😄

I can only find it on the Fenty direct website @bakeamuffin but it is OOS. I signed up to be notified if it should come back in stock. Also look at the swatch thread. @Sunnysmom posted swatches of the HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Color Fuse Talc-Free Blush Powder With Fermented Arnica in 4 different colors. I feel like Dragon Fruit Daze may be a dup but in powder form.

Thank you @Loretta55 ! That does look like a super similar colour, very pretty! $49cad is steep for a blush 😅 I’ll keep that on the back burner! 

I hope bikini martini comes back, it’s so pretty and at $31 it’s a great price point 

I’m not sure if you can get any Juvia’s Place makeup in Canada but I saw some possible dups on the Ulta website. @bakeamuffin .

@bakeamuffin  Among those 3 options, strictly from a performance perspective, I'd go with the Fenty blush if you like buildable control that lasts for hours. I only have one shade, Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 07 Drama Cla$$, which is easy to build to a lovely plum on my cheeks that doesn't end up looking like a bruise. Lasts all day on me, too, unlike the Merit blush I tried. Rare Beauty's liquid blush also lasts all day on me, but getting a soft application is difficult. 

Then again, if you really like the Merit formula, that might be the best way to go for you. 

My personal favorite cream blush is still Glossier Cloud Paint Gel Cream Blush Haze and other shades, but some folks can't get all day wear from them. I'd also recommend ROSE INC Cream Blush Refillable Cheek & Lip Color Ophelia (also available as a refill pan) if the brand's available on the Canadian side of Sephora. Ophelia might be warmer toned than you're after though. 

Oh, and I recently tried NYX Sweet Cheeks Cream Blush (shade Coralicious): it applied a bit bolder than expected but not as "oh bleep what have I done" bold as Rare Beauty 😅, and it lasted for hours on my cheeks over a rather greasy/shiny sunscreen in warm weather. Not sure they have the type of pink shade you want. But e.l.f. Putty Blush shade Bora Bora is definitely a cool toned pink. If you visit e.l.f.'s site, don't rely on their swatch photos; look for other people's swatches. I have 3 Putty Blush shades and they're all buildable and long lasting, though once they start to dry down they become harder to blend out. 

Which leads me to one more option: Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Valentine used as a cream blush. If you've never used a Colorfix, I'll warn you that the matte shades dry down quickly so you must be fast about blending them. I've mixed a tiny bit of Aquaphor Ointment with a Colorfix to create a more cream/satin finish blush or lipstick, and that gives me much more playtime. 

You are so helpful @WinglessOne, This breakdown is brilliant! Thank you for taking the time to type it all up. 

I did like the merry blush, but then I remembered that although it applied well and looked amazing it really didn’t last on me either. Not worth the $39 cad when it won’t last a full day. 

The Glossier Cloud Paint Gel Cream Blush Puff looks so pretty, I’ve been curious about this formula especially because they have a reasonable price point. This one seems like it is worth trying out! 

I am currently so on the fence between the Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Blossom and the Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Flushed - Matte Color for Cheek & Lip Primado... bit the formula and shade selection is so different it seems worth it to try out each 🥰 

I’m still tempted by the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 04 Crush On Cupid, I seems like a great, well loved and consistent product forumula, I may just have to grab one, after all they come in such fun summer friendly colours! 

@bakeamuffin I always loved Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Baby-Pink Blush .  Reminds me of ballet days.

@CorgiMommy Nice yes!! This is such a pretty, soft baby pink 🌸☺️ thank you!

I find Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Flush Balm pretty long lasting, I don't know if it fits the bill for the pink your looking for @bakeamuffin 

These are shades (top Primadonna, lower Bellini )

I love how they go on, how you can build the pigment even thou I like to tread in just a light flush 😄

MTXX_MH20230511_075557308.jpg

This is just one swipe with my finger and I didn't go back into the pot to do this swatch of intensity's of Primadonna for you

MTXX_MH20230511_075656627.jpg

That's alot of pigment in one finger tip 😍

@CynthieLu Stop it right now 😂 these are flipping gorgeous!! You picked the best shades for summer too, a fun and vibrant Pink and a lovely sunkissed peach, I totally would get the same ones as you! I need to replace my NUDESTIX Nudies Bloom All Over Dewy Color in my favourite colours, they’re just not hitting like they used to and I’m not really here for the brand anymore. They’re also like 3-4 years old at this point so 🗑😂 

adding Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Flushed - Matte Color for Cheek & Lip Primadonna to my loves list 🥰 Have fun with these @CynthieLu !!

@bakeamuffin I am having a blast with them  💕  thank you 😄 These 2 shades called out to me the most out of the entire line 🤩

Good luck on your pink blush hunt 💗 I hope you find the one your searching for!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 223 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos14
  • IMG_4676.jpeg
  • IMG_4677.jpeg
  • IMG_4678.jpeg
  • IMG_4679.jpeg
  • IMG_4992.jpeg
  • IMG_4990.png